Main Menu

1970 Gran Coupe project

Started by kmiller, December 18, 2019, 09:59:24 AM

Previous topic Next topic

kmiller

Hi All

here's my journey so far with a 70 Gran Coupe. My wife twisted my arm and said i needed another project car so I  decided to drag this one home as this one is a 383 4 speed wearing its original paint. But unfortunately, the car has been completely disassembled by the previous owners  , needless to say a few parts are missing like all the important GC stuff. So far i have managed to get a overhead console and a truck lock emblem. Neither one are in the best of shape but I'm still looking and i do have a lead on the interior panels. Hopefully he comes thru. and i do have the complete motor and  (two) 4 speed trans that came with it.

pics to show my progress - not really in order but you get the idea. The back half was by far the worst part so I replaced with all new sheet metal and ordered all the other sheet metal all at once as this was the best option but when i pulled the upper cowl i realized that i should have ordered a complete cowl (upper and lower) as the lower had a few bad spots that i didn't see. my mistake. so i decided to repair what i had , good news is that all the repair was hidden with the upper cowl and under the fenders.

I'll try to provide updates as i go
thanks

kmiller

additional pics

JS29

:yes: nice work! good for you that the wife supports your hobby.  :twothumbsup:

usraptor

That's  nice progress!  :bravo:  Keep us posted.  :twothumbsup: