Main Menu

1971 challenger shaker 6 pack resto.

Started by ek3, October 13, 2020, 03:15:00 PM

Previous topic Next topic

ek3

anlauto

What did you do with the brake booster that was on the car ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

ek3

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

ek3

i had 2.  vic has the 3rd [hemi style] one .....  they may use it on another car . he would probably sell if you need 1. not 100% sure . i can ask?

ek3

waiting on a few parts.

6bblgt

:takealook: half of that quarter moulding & the matching trunk moulding are black on a '71 R/T

ek3

almost there.

ek3

Quote from: 6bblgt on August 28, 2021, 07:31:57 PM
:takealook: half of that quarter moulding & the matching trunk moulding are black on a '71 R/T
he must be planning on using a sharpie ?? lol

JH27N0B

At least on the front '71 R/T hood trim and headlight bezels,  the blackout is a decal.  I got a repro decal kit for mine from performance graphics.  I don't recall now if the black on the rear trim is painted or a decal.  My car is back in storage otherwise I'd head out to my garage now and look.

ek3

I have not posted in a while. just over 3 weeks ago Vic Calvert, the owner of Carolina Classic Restorations died suddenly at a young 51 years old... he was a very fine man. he was working with David wise on a new platinum level restoration. they were very close to completion of my car. everything was going his way! another great Mopar loss. I plan to try and honor him in some way, maybe at MCACN or Carlisle this year.  posting a couple pics of vic and his son. he always took time out for him no matter how busy he was! 

Floyd

I saw your post over on Moparts about this.  I'm very sorry to hear of his passing.  The pictures of him with his young son are heart breaking.   Prayers for his family.  RIP

anlauto

Challenger in NC

Geez, that's horrible, especially since he was so young.

ek3

i just got my dash faces. i had tried to order them but was to late. the only one i could find was at classic ind. and it is awful. i got lucky and mike ross hooked me up! if anybody else is looking for one, he may have 1 or 2 left! car is almost done and will be at Carlisle this year ! the photos dont do this justice! best i can do...