Main Menu

1971 R/T 383 Engine Detailing

Started by gpm6367, October 08, 2020, 11:46:36 PM

Previous topic Next topic

gpm6367

Who sells the gas filter?

Are the wire looms painted engine color?

anlauto

A lot of vendors sell the filters, dated or Non-dated https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/product/fuel-filter-5_16-oe-non-date-coded/

Yes wire looms are painted engine colour on a big block typically, along with the PCV filter and the rubber grommets on the valve covers :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

anlauto

Another sample of why I don't like to ship stuff...It cost me $71.33 to send this air cleaner to Greg....that's just crazy... :o
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

gpm6367

gpm6367

Quote from: anlauto on October 28, 2020, 10:26:55 AM
A lot of vendors sell the filters, dated or Non-dated https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/product/fuel-filter-5_16-oe-non-date-coded/

Yes wire looms are painted engine colour on a big block typically, along with the PCV filter and the rubber grommets on the valve covers :alan2cents:

I noticed the straps on valve covers for wire harness on pass side was painted and thought wrong.

The throttle cable bracket all painted?

So do i paint the plastic holder on metal loom also?

gpm6367

I have 2 different bolt heads on my thermostat housing.

Which is correct?

gpm6367

Battery cables come with a black plastic strap to presumably secure the positive cable? Where?

anlauto

Quote from: gpm6367 on October 30, 2020, 07:09:24 PM
Battery cables come with a black plastic strap to presumably secure the positive cable? Where?

To the upper shock stud that protrudes through the shock tower.

I don't think either of the above bolts are correct for the thermostat, but if I had to choose I would pick the one on the right with no washer. :alan2cents:

gpm6367

Thanks .

Is this throttle spring bracket and correct?

Negative Battery cable goes under the bolt?

anlauto

gpm6367

Thanks.

Coming along. Waiting for parts.

gpm6367

anlauto

gpm6367

Why doesn't any of this stuff come with instructions?

Which fuel lines use the keystone clamps and how do you tighten them?

What is that metal bracket in the center of the set?

What about the PS pump? Keystone clamps too?

anlauto

All the fuel lines use Keystone clamps.
There is a special tool to crimp them....I just use tile cutters.
The metal bracket is the fuel tank ground strap, clips on the sending unit and the main fuel line, over the rubber hose.
The PS hose uses the red squeeze clamps, which I don't see in your picture