Main Menu

69 383 Formula S 4 speed

Started by Shane Kelley, September 20, 2017, 01:26:58 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Shane Kelley

Building this for a customer. Going on year three on this one but heading down the home stretch. Original X9 black 383 Formula S 4 speed car. Not a factory original build but intended to drive and enjoy. Some things like the scoop were requested by the customer.  :dunno: Some things like the 496 stroker motor are my influence.  :burnout:

Stay tuned for more pics and info on the build. :takepicture:

Shane Kelley

Front fenders and header panel had been changed but everything else is still original paint. Overall a pretty solid car.

First thing was clean it up and and do a major photo shoot on all gaps and part fitment.  :takepicture: Then install the scoop before disassembly.

I will go ahead and give a little spoiler pic. for now.

Cudakiller70

I like it! Watching this I'm sure it'll be sweet :bigthumb:

Cuda Cody

:lurking:  Oh Ya!!!  This should be a fun thread.   :lookatthat:

anlauto

Unfortunate about the scoop........but "the customer is always right ! :bigthumb:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

erik70rt

Gotta love A-body Barracuda custom builds!!!  Stroker and 4 spd.   :wowzers:

But I'm just a little biased.......  :cheers:
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

Roadman

Hey @Oldschool   right up your alley.    :yes:  :rebelflag"

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Oldschool

Quote from: Roadman on September 20, 2017, 03:54:07 PM
       Hey @Oldschool   right up your alley.    :yes:  :rebelflag"

Nice looking car...   :ohyeah:  Going to be a fun build to follow.

Probably gonna sell the Beast this Spring....  Looking for a more modern ride that has A/C, cupholders, power windows and creature comforts like that..   Sadly, I am getting old..... :crying:

Cuda Cody

Someone is going to get a super cool ride if they end up with your car.  Good luck and hope you find the next car of your dreams.

Quote from: Oldschool on September 21, 2017, 06:11:42 AM

Probably gonna sell the Beast this Spring....  Looking for a more modern ride that has A/C, cupholders, power windows and creature comforts like that..   Sadly, I am getting old..... :crying:

YellowThumper

Definitely a nice teaser.
Scoop does distract from car.   :notsure:
Snapped this pic and posted fb just yesterday.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Oldschool

Quote from: anlauto on September 20, 2017, 03:30:21 PM
Unfortunate about the scoop........but "the customer is always right ! :bigthumb:

Nothing at all wrong with that scoop if you stuff enough engine under it......    8)   ;)

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Oldschool on September 21, 2017, 08:43:47 AM
Quote from: anlauto on September 20, 2017, 03:30:21 PM

Nothing at all wrong with that scoop if you stuff enough engine under it......    8)   ;)

Scoop looks at home on that car & I wouldn't mind it on a Super Stock or a /6-318 turned hot rod... But a factory 383 car I'd prefer to leave more or less stock...  But it's not my car & he can do as he pleases.. Hopefully he was wise enough to have a second hood (stock) painted at the same time...

Oldschool

The Super Stock hoods look great when you can see Beast lurking underneath it...  But I am biased....  LoL...