Main Menu

Project Mz Hyde/ 73-2-70 (1973/1970 tribute restomod Challenger)

Started by DrEamer, February 26, 2021, 09:00:24 PM

Previous topic Next topic

DrEamer

It's time to try and pull everything in one place for my restoration tread. There is a lot of catch up that make take a little while, but I hope you enjoy what I am doing. My car  started life as a 1973 H code 318, Slap Stick. I purchased it on eBay in September 2017 as a shell, which is the first set of pictures from the listing. The picture on the tow truck, and driver, is the day it was delivered to me.

DrEamer

After looking my options over after taking inventory of the parts I had, I decided to convert the car to a 1970 tribute. In part because there was more available parts for a '70, and alos, I had a 1970 in the past that never was completed. The path I decide to chose was that of a nice restomod, that would look mostly correct, but have modern upgrades for better driving. The first picture is a parts lot that I bought that had many on the pieces I needed to do the '70 conversion. The pictures of the 1990 D250 which served as donor for engine and transmission. The engine is a 5.9 Magnum, which is now a 408. The transmission is a A518, which I wanted to use for its overdrive.

usraptor

Congrats.  Looking forward to seeing your progress!  Keep us posted.  :bigthumb:

Brads70

Welcome!  :wave:
I'm confused? In one picture the steering is on the right side, in the next its on the left?

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

DrEamer

Finely had a chance to dig up some  more picture of the Challenger in progress. I had these posted at C-C.com, but they are gone now. Anyway, I'm grouping the pictures of the painting process.  The first pictures is the day I took it in to the shop. The rest in progress, to the day I brought it home. The last link is the Youtube video that I have posted before, but wanted to include it here as part of the build thread.

DrEamer

anlauto

Quote from: DrEamer on March 10, 2021, 10:01:18 PM
...and the youtube link....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0edGTXXGYws

Looks like I posted a picture of my daughters homework above., and can't modify it now.  :dunno:

JUST CLICK THE MODIFY BUTTON ON YOUR POST....then remove the photo from the list that you don't want to show....each photo has a number at the bottom. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

318Stroker

Just curious as to what engine your car came with. You state that it's a H-code 318. A 340 is an H-code, and a 318 is a G-code.

DrEamer

Quote from: 318Stroker on March 11, 2021, 07:38:04 AM
Just curious as to what engine your car came with. You state that it's a H-code 318. A 340 is an H-code, and a 318 is a G-code.

The car is a JH code, verses a JS code, but you are correct , it is a G code in the engine designation spot.