Main Menu

70 Challenger Convertible Resto mod T/A ((((UPDATE))))

Started by Mybrothers70, January 18, 2020, 09:11:48 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Mybrothers70

Quote from: 76orangewagon on August 09, 2020, 01:47:18 PM
Eric,
Thanks for stopping by yesterday with the Challenger, It really sounded good when you left....
To everyone else looking at theses pictures let me say that there's no way the computer screen can capture just how good this car looks in person....the color, the fit and finish and details are stunning.  Stop by anytime.

Thank you Ross.  Like wise, stop over anytime you are out in the neighborhood.

Mybrothers70

Quote from: larry4406 on August 07, 2020, 02:54:11 AM
Very nice!

Can you provide some details on the speakers in the toe kick panels?  On the drivers side isn't the speaker grille close to/conflicting with the parking brake?

Hello Larry,
The kick panels are from Classic Industries, seeing the parking brake was moved into the console it was no issue.

larry4406

Quote from: Mybrothers70 on August 11, 2020, 11:57:02 AM
Quote from: larry4406 on August 07, 2020, 02:54:11 AM
Very nice!

Can you provide some details on the speakers in the toe kick panels?  On the drivers side isn't the speaker grille close to/conflicting with the parking brake?

Hello Larry,
The kick panels are from Classic Industries, seeing the parking brake was moved into the console it was no issue.

Thank you! Relocation of the parking brake to the console definitely solves the interference problem!

Mybrothers70

Took some Golden Hour Photos last night.

anlauto

Absence of the rear bumper guards is a cool touch :twothumbsup: ....I think if I was going to change one thing, I think I would have gone with the 17" rally wheels from YearOne, other than that it looks incredible  :drooling:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Mybrothers70

Quote from: anlauto on August 12, 2020, 12:19:50 PM
Absence of the rear bumper guards is a cool touch :twothumbsup: ....I think if I was going to change one thing, I think I would have gone with the 17" rally wheels from YearOne, other than that it looks incredible  :drooling:

Thank you ANLAUTO,
YES, it was kicked around to go with that or some Magnum 500's.  There are so many wheel combo's to choose from and in the end it comes down to making that final decision.  With it being a resto- mod we felt that was it.  They are 18" 245/40/18 Front and 285/40/18 on the back.  We wanted to fill out the wheel well as much as possible.

70rag383

Very nice! love the stance and the colour.

I noticed you kept the stock seats. I kept them on mine too but thinking of replacing them to stay in the spirit of restomod.

Mybrothers70

Quote from: 70rag383 on August 12, 2020, 02:36:04 PM

I noticed you kept the stock seats. I kept them on mine too but thinking of replacing them to stay in the spirit of restomod.

Thank you!

Yes, If I can find custom seats that give me the same ride height without doing major modifications I may look at that.  Then we would need to get an upholstery shop to match the back seats to the fronts. :ohyeah:

soundcontrol

Quote from: Mybrothers70 on August 14, 2020, 05:57:38 AM
Quote from: 70rag383 on August 12, 2020, 02:36:04 PM

Thank you!

Yes, If I can find custom seats that give me the same ride height without doing major modifications I may look at that.  Then we would need to get an upholstery shop to match the back seats to the fronts. :ohyeah:

Check out the Corvette seats I put in my Barracuda, fits great, very comfortable and adjustable, slight mods of the brackets only.
https://forum.e-bodies.org/your-restoration-project-roseville-moparts/10/barnfind-1970-barracuda/15122/msg227351#msg227351

I wish I had a pair without the Z06 logo though.

Mybrothers70

Hello All,

Just thought I would throw out an update on our 70 Challenger.  Lot's have happened over the past year and looking for more good times. Last year at Carlisle we were fortunate enough to get a photo shoot with Mopar Action Magazine and our car was in the August 2022 issue.  Along with the photo shoot we scored a 2nd place in E-Body Convertible class at Carlisle along with a Celebrity Choice pick (Thank you Dave Witt) and a 1st place at Mopar Nats modified E-body class.  We have racked up around 2000 miles in the past 2 years.   My Brother intended to drive the car so that's what we do.   This year at Carlisle in July we were invited into the T Building for "Mopars in the Family".   If you are coming to Carlisle please stop by and say  "Hi"    :wave:

Eric

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

ragtopdodge

Neat phantom.

However, I think that car deserves a nice EFI six-pack induction and six-pack air cleaner.

My $0.02.

anlauto

It was nice meeting you, car looked great at Carlisle... :twothumbsup: