veryhot_post in 70 Challenger Convertible Resto mod T/A in Your Restoration project (ROSEVILLE MOPARTS) Author Topic: 70 Challenger Convertible Resto mod T/A  (Read 2359 times)

Offline Mybrothers70

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Leaning Tower of Power
  • index in 70 Challenger Convertible Resto mod T/A in Your Restoration project (ROSEVILLE MOPARTS)
  • Credits: 260
    • Share Post
xx in 70 Challenger Convertible Resto mod T/A in Your Restoration project (ROSEVILLE MOPARTS)
Re: 70 Challenger Convertible Resto mod T/A
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2020, 11:53:52 AM »
Eric,
Thanks for stopping by yesterday with the Challenger, It really sounded good when you left....
To everyone else looking at theses pictures let me say that there's no way the computer screen can capture just how good this car looks in person....the color, the fit and finish and details are stunning.  Stop by anytime.

Thank you Ross.  Like wise, stop over anytime you are out in the neighborhood.

Offline Mybrothers70

• Leaning Tower of Power
  • index in 70 Challenger Convertible Resto mod T/A in Your Restoration project (ROSEVILLE MOPARTS)
    • Share Post
xx in 70 Challenger Convertible Resto mod T/A in Your Restoration project (ROSEVILLE MOPARTS)
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2020, 11:57:02 AM »
Very nice!

Can you provide some details on the speakers in the toe kick panels?  On the drivers side isn't the speaker grille close to/conflicting with the parking brake?

Hello Larry,
The kick panels are from Classic Industries, seeing the parking brake was moved into the console it was no issue.

Online larry4406

• Small Block
  • Credits: 1970
    • Share Post
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2020, 04:54:28 PM »
Very nice!

Can you provide some details on the speakers in the toe kick panels?  On the drivers side isn't the speaker grille close to/conflicting with the parking brake?

Hello Larry,
The kick panels are from Classic Industries, seeing the parking brake was moved into the console it was no issue.

Thank you! Relocation of the parking brake to the console definitely solves the interference problem!

E-Bodies Cuda Challenger Message Forum

« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2020, 04:54:28 PM »

Offline Mybrothers70

• Leaning Tower of Power
    • Share Post
clip in 70 Challenger Convertible Resto mod T/A in Your Restoration project (ROSEVILLE MOPARTS)
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2020, 10:32:07 AM »
Took some Golden Hour Photos last night.

Offline anlauto

• Trade Count: (9)
  • E-Body Wizard
  • Credits: 39200
  • Life is like a box of chocolates....
    • Share Post
    • www_sm in 70 Challenger Convertible Resto mod T/A in Your Restoration project (ROSEVILLE MOPARTS)
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2020, 12:19:50 PM »
Absence of the rear bumper guards is a cool touch :twothumbsup: ....I think if I was going to change one thing, I think I would have gone with the 17" rally wheels from YearOne, other than that it looks incredible  :drooling:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Offline Mybrothers70

• Leaning Tower of Power
    • Share Post
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2020, 01:26:01 PM »
Absence of the rear bumper guards is a cool touch :twothumbsup: ....I think if I was going to change one thing, I think I would have gone with the 17" rally wheels from YearOne, other than that it looks incredible  :drooling:

Thank you ANLAUTO,
YES, it was kicked around to go with that or some Magnum 500's.  There are so many wheel combo's to choose from and in the end it comes down to making that final decision.  With it being a resto- mod we felt that was it.  They are 18" 245/40/18 Front and 285/40/18 on the back.  We wanted to fill out the wheel well as much as possible.

Offline 70rag383

• Leaning Tower of Power
  • Credits: 380
    • Share Post
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2020, 02:36:04 PM »
Very nice! love the stance and the colour.

I noticed you kept the stock seats. I kept them on mine too but thinking of replacing them to stay in the spirit of restomod.

« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2020, 02:36:04 PM »

Offline Mybrothers70

• Leaning Tower of Power
    • Share Post
« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2020, 05:57:38 AM »

I noticed you kept the stock seats. I kept them on mine too but thinking of replacing them to stay in the spirit of restomod.

Thank you!

Yes, If I can find custom seats that give me the same ride height without doing major modifications I may look at that.  Then we would need to get an upholstery shop to match the back seats to the fronts. :ohyeah:

Offline soundcontrol

• Six Pack
  • Credits: 2330
    • Share Post
« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2020, 08:39:28 AM »

Thank you!

Yes, If I can find custom seats that give me the same ride height without doing major modifications I may look at that.  Then we would need to get an upholstery shop to match the back seats to the fronts. :ohyeah:

Check out the Corvette seats I put in my Barracuda, fits great, very comfortable and adjustable, slight mods of the brackets only.
https://forum.e-bodies.org/your-restoration-project-roseville-moparts/10/barnfind-1970-barracuda/15122/msg227351#msg227351

I wish I had a pair without the Z06 logo though.
/Ken

1970 Challenger restomod project 6.1 Hemi
Link: https://forum.e-bodies.org/your-restoration-project/10/70-challenger-conv-restomod-6-1-hemi/337/
1973 Challenger project
2008 Challenger SRT
1970 Barracuda Gran Coupé

« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2020, 08:39:28 AM »

Tags:

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter Share via whatsapp

clip
Challenger resto mod

Started by Shawndp

16 Replies
Last post October 15, 2017, 04:25:44 PM
by Shawndp
xx
1974 Challenger Resto

Started by Dmod1974

178 Replies
Last post October 04, 2020, 04:42:51 PM
by Dmod1974