Main Menu

70 Challenger R/T resto mod

Started by johnr, January 03, 2021, 07:53:11 AM

Previous topic Next topic

johnr

:twothumbsup: I have been working on parts & peices for this project for awhile now. Now is time to get started on the body. Can someone, out there, tell me how much this shell will weigh when I am ready to mount it on the rotisserie ?
--  johnr  --

johnr

This thing is pretty corroded and is a challenge. I am doing pretty well getting it stripped down, but I now need some help. I have not done well, at all, getting the quarter windows out of this thing. Will someone point me in the right direction to get the glass & guts out without breaking stuff ?
--  johnr  --

Dakota

John - I've not messed with any of my glass, but maybe the attached info from the 70 Challenger Service Manual will be helpful.  There some info on removal towards the end of the file.

SRT392

John,  if you don't have them out yet send me your email in the message area and i'll send you the videos i took when removing mine.

jeff wright

johnr

I have got the door windows out and all of the window hardware except for one door latch & one window track (I only destroyed two pieces that I had to cut out). The re-assembly (eventually) should prove to be challenging. Thanks for all of this info and pictures (I am a pictures guy). The quarter windows are still in the car and I suspect corrosion to be the biggest culprit. I just don't want to destroy any more than I have to. "Patience & Persistence" is the key to success (and a bit of helpful info at times). There is more E-Body expertise in this forum than I have learned in forty some years !
--  johnr  --