Main Menu

70 Challenger SE

Started by Timbbuc2, January 05, 2017, 11:56:14 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Timbbuc2

I found my car on ebay June 2016, watched it for the complete auction but I didnt buy it at that time. It seemed like the perfect match for me because it was already painted FC7 with many new parts included. This car had went through 2 owners that had experienced the ultimate deal breaker "Divorce" :( I was on Craigslist one day and saw the same car, so I contacted this guy in Georgia, long story short we came to a deal, about 15k less . My wife and I have always wanted a 70 ebody and now we have one. Non matching numbers ,no build sheet but I have the correct fender tag. So I will be posting pictures of my progress.
First picture is the day I saw the car for the first time, Has a N96 hood but I am changing that, I found the original hood.
Get in, I'll drive

Cuda Cody

You're making great progress on it!  :clapping:  Engine bay is looking nice.

73Cudamann

Timbbuc2

question
My painted back glass insert has a several of the screw pegs damaged where the interior panel screw too. Any ideas how to repair it. I dont have any pictures, I was thinking about installing the screws and coating them in wax and then putting JB Weld to form it back to spec. What ya think?
Get in, I'll drive

70chall440

Mopar or no car!!!

Timbbuc2

My Shaker Hood has the crush panels so I take it , it is not a original. This will be on the for sale list soon.
Get in, I'll drive

Cuda Cody

I'm not completely understanding what area you are referring to.  If you can snap a quick photo I'm sure we can come up with an easy and simple solution.   :takepicture:

Quote from: Timbbuc2 on January 07, 2017, 04:04:44 PM
question
My painted back glass insert has a several of the screw pegs damaged where the interior panel screw too. Any ideas how to repair it. I dont have any pictures, I was thinking about installing the screws and coating them in wax and then putting JB Weld to form it back to spec. What ya think?

Cuda Cody

They did make 71 Shakers so it's not completely out of the question.  But the odds are small.   :alan2cents:

Quote from: Timbbuc2 on January 07, 2017, 05:41:44 PM
My Shaker Hood has the crush panels so I take it , it is not a original. This will be on the for sale list soon.

Timbbuc2

I am not home at the moment, this is a SE car with the insert for the small back window. The insert has tabs on the inside to screw the interior trim panel . Some of these tabs are damaged and the car is already painted. Dont want to mess with replacing it. Any ideas?
Get in, I'll drive

Cuda Cody

Since it's already painter, looks like your only option is to use some type of 2 part epoxy (like JB weld).  There's a lot of options out there and you might look in to Lords Adhesives too.  They make a bunch of high quality adhesives for car panels.  Good luck!   :bigthumb:

Timbbuc2

Get in, I'll drive

headejm

I believe the SE window insert is fiberglass. I'd recommend repairing the tabs with fiberglass.  :alan2cents:

Timbbuc2

Thanks I will check it out,
Get in, I'll drive

headejm

Quote from: Timbbuc2 on January 09, 2017, 02:53:27 PM
Thanks I will check it out,

Let me know if you need any photos. My interior is currently out of my car.

Timbbuc2

Get in, I'll drive