Main Menu

70 Challenger SE

Started by Timbbuc2, January 05, 2017, 11:56:14 AM

Previous topic Next topic

1 Wild R/T

Cars are a hobby, we play when we can... Keeping Momma happy is definitely a higher priority & spending time with the grand daughter well it just don't get much better than that.... The car will be there when you have time for it....

RUNCHARGER

I agree: Cars are a great diversion and hobby but family stuff is more important.
Sheldon

usraptor

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on July 07, 2018, 07:51:05 AM
I agree: Cars are a great diversion and hobby but family stuff is more important.

:yes: :iagree:

Timbbuc2

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on June 09, 2018, 12:04:32 PM
Quote from: Timbbuc2 on May 27, 2018, 11:26:33 AM
Does anyone have pictures of a alternator bracket and  water pump tension pulley. This is a 383 ac car.
Thanks

These help?
Thanks  @ 1wildR/t, those pictures really helped.
Get in, I'll drive

Timbbuc2

Also thank you @ heademj for the pictures they really helped.
Get in, I'll drive

Timbbuc2

More pics of the engine
Get in, I'll drive

Timbbuc2

Been awhile since I posted any updates, but I have been on it. Bought my tires and now getting ready to install my vinyl top.  All interior parts have been prepped.
Get in, I'll drive

Timbbuc2

Opinions wanted on this, I have all the trim that goes down the side and it's in good shape. Currently there are no holes in the side of the car to attach it, so what does everyone think, should I put them on the car or leave it off?
Get in, I'll drive

JS29

Once you drill A hole there is no going back, one slip of the drill it's back to the paint shop. personally I like A stripe better!   :alan2cents:

Chryco Psycho

I assume you are talking about the bump trim mid door level , I bet you could attach it with good 2 sided tape & no holes , the trim on my van is just taped in place

headejm

Stripe>>>>Trim. I would leave it off and see if you like it. You can always put it on later.

@Timbbuc2 Are you installing the vinyl top? If so, like to follow what you are doing. I'll be doing my SE vinyl top as soon as the weather here warms up. I've never installed one but I'm looking forward to trying it.  :thankyou:

js27

Personally I would leave it off. If you do decide to install it you can use a double sided tape. 3M makes a good one in a variety of widths. I would be sure you use the clear tape and not the white foam tape. It is good stuff--I use it every day in the sign business. One of my first jobs out of high school was prepping cars for auctions..I spent my whole day putting vinyl side moldings on and pin stripping cars-cutting in white walls. I think only the factory drilled holes for the side moldings everything else was stick on.
JS27

Timbbuc2

Quote from: js27 on March 13, 2019, 11:37:27 AM
Personally I would leave it off. If you do decide to install it you can use a double sided tape. 3M makes a good one in a variety of widths. I would be sure you use the clear tape and not the white foam tape. It is good stuff--I use it every day in the sign business. One of my first jobs out of high school was prepping cars for auctions..I spent my whole day putting vinyl side moldings on and pin stripping cars-cutting in white walls. I think only the factory drilled holes for the side moldings everything else was stick on.
JS27
Thats kind of how I was thinking.
Get in, I'll drive

Timbbuc2

Quote from: headejm on March 13, 2019, 11:11:32 AM
Stripe>>>>Trim. I would leave it off and see if you like it. You can always put it on later.

@Timbbuc2 Are you installing the vinyl top? If so, like to follow what you are doing. I'll be doing my SE vinyl top as soon as the weather here warms up. I've never installed one but I'm looking forward to trying it.  :thankyou:
@headejm , yes I am going to do it myself, taking plenty of pictures, i have never installed on so here we go.
Get in, I'll drive

Timbbuc2

Ok here goes, the method and process is one I am going to use and. may not be correct for a trained professional. After research and speaking with trained technicians,  I started by taping off the area that I am not working on, easier for me than cleaning up glue.
After taping I sanded the top with 320 sandpaper where I could not see any shine. You have to give something for the glue to adhere  to. Once sanded I corrected any imperfections I found.
Then you must find the center of the roof line, on my car there is a factory notch front and rear(see pics) I ran a string front to back then sprayed a small of primer over the string leaving a center guide. Then I am going to mark the back side of the vinyl top with a pencil.
Let mention once again this is my first time and will be a drawn out process since I have to wait for my son(muscles) to help.If anyone sees something they think is incorrect please chime in.
With this being a SE with wide seams ,I was told it is one of the most difficult. Measure, measure, measure,  you want the seams the same on each side.
The contact glue I bought from Amazon,  it's sprayable,  I have a cheap gun I bought at Harbor Freight that I will be using
Get in, I'll drive