Main Menu

70 Challenger (someday)

Started by Kewl_Wheels, January 28, 2018, 10:52:31 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Kewl_Wheels

Here's some photos of where I started and as I get more posted hopefully it will help keep me motivated to make this into a drivable car someday.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

RUNCHARGER

You have a lot to work with there. What's your vision of the finished product?
Sheldon

Kewl_Wheels

I going for a pretty cool reliable driver I can have some fun in.

Cuda Cody

750-h2

nsmall

Not sure if you are looking for advice and I am no expert, but I would get in contact with a media blaster and have them blast the challenger and blast the parts so you can start fresh.  It takes forever to clean up old parts and you can save time and focus that time elsewhere if the parts get cleaned up by a media blaster.   :handshake:

Roadman

Brads70

Looks like a great start! Enjoy!  :bradsthumb:

Marc70challenger

Quote from: nsmall on January 28, 2018, 02:21:07 PM
Not sure if you are looking for advice and I am no expert, but I would get in contact with a media blaster and have them blast the challenger and blast the parts so you can start fresh.  It takes forever to clean up old parts and you can save time and focus that time elsewhere if the parts get cleaned up by a media blaster.   :handshake:

For sure. Time is money. And it will reveal all. Which can save money and time and sanity.

Good luck !

dodj

Quote from: Marc70challenger on January 28, 2018, 04:54:43 PM
Which can save money and time and sanity.
Fixing these cars has something to do with sanity?!?

not sure about that... :thinking:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Marc70challenger

Quote from: dodj on January 28, 2018, 05:03:49 PM
Quote from: Marc70challenger on January 28, 2018, 04:54:43 PM
Which can save money and time and sanity.
Fixing these cars has something to do with sanity?!?

not sure about that... :thinking:

Some of it.  :haha:

erik70rt

Is that an NOS beer you are using up??? :drunk: :drunk: :haha: :haha:
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

Kewl_Wheels

I'm a bit past the very beginning... Just want to share some photos (we all like photos right?) With those that understand the struggle.
And advise is always welcome, from what I've seen so far you guys are a great group and I'm happy to be a part of it. Thanks!

superdave

:wrenching: Looks pretty soild as far as the metal goes. That's the important part.  :popcorn:

xx88man

Nice project you have there Kewl. It looks like it was originally red (FE5), are you planning on taking it back to that color?
Keep yer foot in it