Main Menu

'70 fish

Started by wes473, February 14, 2021, 03:43:47 AM

Previous topic Next topic

wes473

:burnout:  Well I made some progress, new shoes and cleaned out the interior! Hopefully my screwed to 2x4's toyota seat (very temporary) will get me in the local parade tomorrow.  :banana:

RUNCHARGER

Car looks great, love the wheels on there.
Sheldon

wes473

Thanks @RUNCHARGER, I went back and forth for a bit until I settled on some American Racing black center Torq Thrusts with Coopers.

Well I made the parade and so did the car, brakes worked, and I didn't overheat! 8) it was great turnout for the parade and then the other Mopar there was a show quality numbers matching 69 Roadrunner Hemi.

cudamadd

Great stuff  cheers :australia:

70 Top Banana

Good stuff and I like the new wheels. I have set of Ansen Top Eliminators that are the same as a torque thrust. They are dated August 69. I am planning on restoring them (I will do the work) and putting them on a 70 cuda. Good luck with the car!

wes473

:burnout: Well I was able to achieve my goal of making it through the big annual car show here, on the other hand I have proceeded to cook my transmission in the cruise... :dunno:

I found a local guy that's very Mopar friendly to rebuild it and should be getting that changed out soon as I get done getting my 4Runner ready for a off road party... I'm not busy at all with two kids to Chase and Car Projects to feed lol.

wes473

Also have another update, or well more of a teaser for the interior colors and overall color scheme of the 'Cuda.  :banana: :banana: :banana:
Here's the before and after, I found a pretty great upholstery guy who's very reasonable $ too.  :takemymoney: Although his timelines have been unpredictable....

wes473

Hello friends,
I hope everyone has enjoyed the Christmas season! It's been a minute since I've posted, so now that the weather is back to garage season...
With some lovely new Xmas gifts of inspiration(see attached) from my bride, I'm evaluating my plan of attack on the cuda as I get back to wrenching on her. I'm thinking about starting 2 fronts of the project at the same time, or at lease the floor patching with the mechanical out of the way.

1) Get her back to running - drop out the drive-train/k member and rebuild(727 is cooked/ rear main went so I'll probably reseal the engine if its out, although it runs great as is so perhaps a minimal kit/ rebuild and beef up the old K from last xmas kit.) Feel free to share your k member drop tips and favorite Engines gasket kits etc.

2) Interior solid and nice-ish - Fix floors, install interior components (Section in new panels removing swiss, prime, paint as possible but not show quality required, install new carpet, seats, door pannels and headliner. )

Cheers! :cheers:

usraptor

While you've got the interior out you might want to think about applying some sound deadener to the floors.  It would cut down on both cabin heat and noise.  Also, SEM makes a variety of good spray paints for the interior plastic pieces.  Just clean well and use adhesion promotor first.  :twothumbsup: