Main Menu

'70 Hemi Challenger (SS/D and SS/DA car driven by Lee Cameron of Sacramento, CA)

Started by HemiStan, January 05, 2018, 02:17:25 PM

Previous topic Next topic

HemiStan

So....  Has it really been nearly THREE years since I posted an update??  I guess it has...  BUT!  I am making progress! 

Right about the last time I posted, I received a new military assignment (my last one!) and my wife and I packed our stuff up and moved to our "forever" home.  We built a new shop and and I was getting ready to hit the Challenger hard and cross the finish line.  Then....   I bought another car and threw a wrench in the plan.  I sold that car last Fall and finally got back to work on the Challenger.   

Block sand, block sand, and then block sand some more......

Yesterday I finally got a chance to shoot some B5 on it. 

Stan

HemiStan

Here's a few photos.

HemiStan

A few more.

anlauto

So where are you at with the "direction" of the project ? Have you decided how you'll finish the car ? Stock ? Day two ? Race car ?
give us an update  :popcorn:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

HemiStan

Totally Day 2.   Aluminum slots, bias ply tires, headers, etc.   Nothing that couldn't be changed back to OEM if someone wanted to go that route in the future.  I am not going back to a race car.  I just sold a factory lightweight race car.   It was fun but really impractical for anything.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

daaboots

mccannix

Looking good Stan...glad to know you are getting back to it.
Happy to know that that rallye dash and heater box that have been collecting dust since 2016
are finally going to be put to use.