Main Menu

70 RT Challenger 440 4 speed U code Dana in FJ5 - Restoration

Started by horse, March 30, 2018, 02:08:51 AM

Previous topic Next topic

horse

Great to be making some progress on this build.
Original FJ5 V1X car with V9Y stripe.
Adding a shaker hood, US cartool connectors and inner fender braces, otherwise factory look.
512 stroker engine built.

dodgemania

nice rt love the color and the U code please post some more photos  :takepicture:

Chryco Psycho

Welcome to the site from Panama  :wave:
awesome Car & color combo  :twothumbsup:

cuda hunter

Looks like a lot of work.   Cool car for sure! 

Can't wait to watch the build.

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

bluespruce

xx88man

Quote from: anlauto on March 30, 2018, 06:20:38 AM
Looked nice before you started  :yes:

:iagree:  From the photo it didn't even look like it needed a resto....did it have hidden issues?
Keep yer foot in it

RUNCHARGER

That did look nice. Awesome car. I had a similar one I sold 1.5 years ago. FJ5, 4 speed, u-code R/TSE. Also added a shaker but 528 Hemi replaced the missing 440.
Sheldon

horse

Cheers guys.

The car had the usual e body rust issues and can't be registered in New Zealand until those areas are rectified. We have very strict compliance laws down here.

I want the car done right so embarked on a full restoration, and have probably gone a little overboard as we could have repaired some of the metal that's being replaced.

Sold My 68 RT Charger 4 speed to help fund the build on this one.

Cuda Cody

Looks like your're doing a fine job @horse    :banana:  Thanks for sharing some photos.   :veryexcited:

Chryco Psycho

horse

Cowl repair week:

Damage to both ends where it looks like the hood has come back at some stage. Replaced the metal on both ends.

Question: Is underneath the cowl body colour and just the top (under the screen) organisol black?

Morty426

Quote from: horse on April 04, 2018, 11:54:56 AM
Cowl repair week:

Damage to both ends where it looks like the hood has come back at some stage. Replaced the metal on both ends.

Question: Is underneath the cowl body colour and just the top (under the screen) organisol black?

Under the cowl will just be primer from the dipping process and whatever over spray though the cowl vent areas .  Cool car for sure and sorry you have to give up a 68 Charger R/T