Main Menu

71 Barracuda East Coast

Started by nicka, April 07, 2018, 06:50:46 AM

Previous topic Next topic

nicka

I  picked up a 71 Barracuda roller "tree find" a couple of years ago.  It's going to need some work. I completed the initial tear down process.  Currently building jig/table.  The plan is to keep it period correct with cool options.

Not new to the Mopar world.  My first car, which I still have, is an original 69 Charger RT that I bought at Carlisle '84.

JS29

I kike the jig, ware did you get the spec's from?  :twothumbsup:

moparcar

Looks great. I'm looking forward to your project updates. Not bad for a "tree" find!

Wes

Brads70

Fun times.... I so enjoy these type of projects!

Topcat

Looks like a good project.

Do you still have the tags?

How was it equipped originally?

RUNCHARGER

That looks like a pretty decent start actually.
Sheldon

nicka

It has a fender tag.  I was able to find the broadcast sheet.  Actually, I found two.  The numbers match up with the body.  It's gonna need some sheet metal.

As for the jig,  started with a datum line diagram. Reviewed several designs.  Like the idea of using a creeper if needed.  Standard jack stands have 24" lift.  Built it to 18" to follow the datum line diagram(x-6) center.  Corner levelers from a big box store plumbing and hardware dept.  To roll the table under the car, built some custom stands.  Next, I need to attach the car to the table.

nicka

On the table.

nicka

Here's some info on the Barracuda.

F3 -  Sherwood Green
V1 - Vinyl Top
C16 - Console
C55 - Bucket Seats
B41 - Disk Brakes
G37 - Dual Racing Mirrors
L34 - Road Lights
R35 - AM/FM Radio
S13 - H.D. Suspension with Sway Bar
Air Conditioning

RUNCHARGER

A couple of good options there.
Sheldon

82firebird

Looks like a decent start! Should turn out to be a cool car. I'm a fan of Sherwood Green.  :twothumbsup:

nsmall

:iagree: Its a beautiful color that people seem to either hate or love.  Im a lover of it.

nicka

Back on the Barracuda. Media blasted and is now in PPG Epoxy Primer.  Starting the sheetmetal repair.  Removed the full floor. Finding more rust after going to bare metal.  Looks like the Front Left Frame Rail has issues.

nsmall

Happy to see pictures again.  Dont give up!!!

nicka

Working on the back half and more work.  Looks like the left rear frame rail may need to be replaced.  Not sure what to do with the rear upper shock tower?  The left shock tower doesn't look good, but the rest of the shock tower and right shock hole looks good.