Main Menu

71 Barracuda East Coast

Started by nicka, April 07, 2018, 06:50:46 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Tony 73

That is some very impressive repairs.

Keep the updates coming.

nicka

Outer rocker panel for both left and right.  Dry fit right now.  Next would be repairing the door hinges and the door skinning.

cudamadd

nicka

Ordered a door hinge rebuild kit.  The bottom hinge shows out of round, thus a lot of play.

nicka

I checked the weight of the Drivers Door and I came up with 90 lbs.  So how do I lift and keep the door still so I can attach both hinges and adjust the door gap.

nicka

Checking the door to quarter gap.  Currently the outer rockers are clamped in and the outer cowl side hinge panel is roached.

nicka

Decided to media blast the Rallye hood.  The top looks ok.  Some areas will need filler.  The inner structure is another matter.  Looks like the area around the hood latch area could use some work.  Not sure if anyone has done work on the inner structure?  As a backup, I picked up a Shaker hood from Carlisle.

nicka

Moving on replacing the left front frame rail, shock tower, and inner fender.  Would be nice if I could weld all three parts together while out of the car.  I'm guessing safer one piece at a time.  Currently building additional brackets so the new frame rail drops in perfectly.  I noticed the k member bolt threads don't look good, so I went ahead and ordered new ones from Roseville. I used the promo code.  Every bit helps with the restoration.

nicka

Noticed I haven't updated the project for a while.  Removed the Left front frame rail, inner fender and shock tower.  Then removed outer cowl side hinge panel on both sides.  Also, the upper cowl and firewall have been removed.  Doing some front window channel repair.

Brads70

Wow , pretty intensive metal replacement going on. Sure will be sweet when your done!  Nice knowing for sure what you have on every square inch of the car! I admire your workmanship! Nice job!  :bravo:

nicka

Doing some window channel patch repair.

nicka

Currently working on the firewall, upper cowl, front frame rail, shock tower, and inner fender.

nicka

Media blasted the Kmember and sprayed it with dp90lf.  Since I'm replacing the front left frame rail, planning to use the Kmember to align both front rails.

nicka

Bolted on the K member to the front frame rails.  The front left frame rail was replaced, so making sure everything lines up.

usraptor

Very impressive fabrication skills.  I'm jealous.  Keep up the good work!   :twothumbsup: