Main Menu

72 Cuda Resurrection

Started by edison1970, September 18, 2017, 05:12:23 PM

Previous topic Next topic

edison1970

Hey Guys.  Great site.  I posted my build on the other site so picking up here at the assembly part.  Just painted the car back in June.  Putting it back together now and hope to have it drivable by December.  Here are some pictures of where I'm at.  Painted the trunk and inner fenders with a truck bed spray.  Came out nice.

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Roadman

:rebelflag"           Sweet, watching this build.       :banana:

Mrbill426

Nice looking Fish!  :bigthumb:  You have some sort of inner cover for the tail panel?  '72?? we are doing one too, you are a bit further along than we are though.  Just got the main body back but waiting on the bolt on sheet metal, doors, hood, and trunk lid. 

Quote from: edison1970 on September 18, 2017, 05:12:23 PM
Hey Guys.  Great site.  I posted my build on the other site so picking up here at the assembly part.  Just painted the car back in June.  Putting it back together now and hope to have it drivable by December.  Here are some pictures of where I'm at.  Painted the trunk and inner fenders with a truck bed spray.  Came out nice.

Cuda Cody

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

edison1970

It started off as a 72.  It was a race car.  As I tore into it, there was more than expected to replace including the tail panel so I decided to go the 70 route.  It's going to be a fun driver. 

Mrbill426

Ahhhh ok.  Going to be a nice looking Mopar  :twothumbsup:

Quote from: edison1970 on September 18, 2017, 06:44:05 PM
It started off as a 72.  It was a race car.  As I tore into it, there was more than expected to replace including the tail panel so I decided to go the 70 route.  It's going to be a fun driver.

nsmall

Love it.  I'm building a 73 right now.  I'm thinking you should consider blacked out front radiator support. The 72-74 grill is awesome, but doesn't look right in my opinion if you can see body color behind it.  Just my opinion.  Good luck with your Dec deadline.  Totally seems possible, it's on 4 wheels.

edison1970

I feel the same way about body color behind the grille.  I actually painted it black a short while ago but didn't post it yet. I painted the grille with a duplicolor dark metalic color.  It wasn't very easy to spray.  I still had about a quarter of the can left when I went to spray the last headlight bucket but it didn't lay down as well.  Also seems like more metalic was visible.  I think what happened was the pressure left in the can wasn't as good as when started.  I might go out and get another can and reshoot.  The grille by the way is from BE & A.  The quality is pretty good.

edison1970

This is how the grille comes.  Unpainted except the center part that is black.  Came complete with all trim.  Delivered for $500 about 2 years ago. 

Chryco Psycho

RUNCHARGER

Man: Twenty years ago I would never have thought we'd be able to buy a new 70 Cuda grille again. Gotta love it.
Sheldon

anlauto

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on October 01, 2017, 09:09:19 AM
Man: Twenty years ago I would never have thought we'd be able to buy a new 70 Cuda grille again. Gotta love it.

I have to agree....I'm amazed at the reproduction parts we have available these days :takealook:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Chryco Psycho

Thankfully a lot of people have stepped to remake a lot of these much needed parts !
Love the Blue  :bigthumb: