Main Menu

72 Cuda Resurrection

Started by edison1970, September 18, 2017, 05:12:23 PM

Previous topic Next topic

edison1970

I never worked on a Cuda before this one so I don't have a reference of how factory fitment was but it seems very good.  So far the two most troublesome aftermarket parts have been the header panel and the trunk lid.  I understand that most parts need a little work but they were more than expected and still I'm not 100% satisfied but sometimes you have to draw a line where it meets the overall goal you are trying to achieve.  If this was a show car, I would have tossed them and found some original pieces. 
On the color, I'm very happy with it.  I made a mistake on the paint process.  I was going to black out the hood and the top of the fenders and realized I should have painted that first so I wouldn't have a hard paint line dividing the blue and the black.  I just got caught up in the excitement of 7 years of work and finally painting.  Does anyone know if a car wrap can be installed without wrapping the entire panel?  I thought maybe I can do that so if I don't like it, it can be removed at another time.

Chryco Psycho

I highly doubt you will find an original deck lid anywhere , The AMD piece seems to be an awesome fit though .
Not sure on the wrap , sorry

Cuda Cody

The 72 hood stripe is a good look too.   Yes, you can use vinyl to wrap your hood and then remove it if you don't like it.

RUNCHARGER

The wrap is a great way to go, How about a carbon fibre look rather than flat black if you do that?
Sheldon

edison1970

I'm interested in the wrap.  Any ideas on the cost?
I finished the sound deadner on the roof yesterday.  Going to attempt to install the headliner myself.  Does anybody have any tips or a link to a video on their install?

nsmall

edison1970

That helps.  Maybe I'll post my install.  Everyone might learn what not to do. :o

edison1970

edison1970

I just about finished my dash.  I need to do a little fixing on the wire harness.  It is out of a 74 and has an additional seatbelt electronic box over the heater control.  Going to eliminate it hopefully tomorrow.  Other than that, pretty satisfied on how it came out.  I had to repair the dash pad with body filler and re-paint.  Put the carbon fiber overlay on. Maybe install the dash later this week.  Next install the power steering box and column.

edison1970

Another pic

Roadman

:unitedstates: :rebelflag"    Dash lookin saweeeet.   :banana:

edison1970

It's been some time since I updated the progress. Between moving again and hurricane Florence, things have been moving pretty slow with the Cuda. I am finally finishing up the motor. What are you guys using on aluminum intakes as far as paint? I was thinking of putting a light coat of aluminum color paint to protect it from stains. Also finished the 4-speed and bell housing.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

larry4406

Years ago I painted my Edelbrock aluminum intake with the same engine paint to match.

HEMICUDA

Quote from: edison1970 on September 28, 2017, 06:28:36 PM
This is how the grille comes.  Unpainted except the center part that is black.  Came complete with all trim.  Delivered for $500 about 2 years ago.

I had the shipping boxes special made for those grilles, 1" under the USPS requirements so I can ship them with the Post Office.  Since you purchased that grille from me and your posting on Cody's site (best on the planet), I'll paint the grille for you (if you haven't already) for $5 just cover the shipping.  I mix my own argent sprayed in the booth with a gun.

RUNCHARGER

You won't find a better deal than that.
Sheldon