Main Menu

72 Cuda Resurrection

Started by edison1970, September 18, 2017, 05:12:23 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Chryco Psycho

Progress !
I am glad you found the electrical problem .
If the nylon pins are missing in the shaft the shaft has bee collapsed & can be pulled apart assuming you have not already solved this , make sure the tiny pin is in the lip of the coupler though so the shaft can't slide up out of the coupler

edison1970

I'm getting real close to finishing my car. My next step is installing the rear and front glass. I have one question before I get started. I have multiple window reveal clips. I want to make sure I use the correct ones. I aasumed the front and the rears were the same but apparently not. I ordered a kit on ebay and they are all the same. I looked at Classic Industries and the have 2 part numbers. They look slightly different. Can someone tell me if there is a differnce and or which one is used for which window?

Chryco Psycho

Doesn't the kit # reference to the front or rear application ?
Just  a guess but I would bet the front is the longer clip

edison1970

The reason why I asked is that my friend's 70 Cuda had the same clips front and back. I know the 70 had screws to install but I don't know why it would change.

HEMICUDA

You're all good, 70 was the only year with screws.

ViperMan

I can't believe no one has asked this here: what's the blue called?  Looks lighter than Viper GTS but was just curious.  Looks bitchin'.

edison1970

Subaru Rally Blue. It really pops in the sun.
Thanks

ViperMan

Quote from: edison1970 on July 25, 2019, 11:42:13 AM
Subaru Rally Blue. It really pops in the sun.
Thanks

I wouldn've never thought of that!!!  That is indeed a pretty good color.  I've only seen a few in Viper blue but man an e-body wears that color well...

Good luck with the continued build and congrats on getting this far!!

edison1970

I finally got the time to install the relay kit I got from Roadman. Works great.. I found an water proof electical box at the metal yard. I mounted it under my battery tray.

edison1970

Reaching the final chapter on the body of this car. Took 3 days last week at my buddy's body shop to black out the tail panel and do an AAR treatment.  Came out pretty good.  Looking at stripe options. Then I'm done. Or am I?  :huh: