Main Menu

'73 Cuda Kat

Started by 303 Mopar, July 14, 2017, 07:02:28 AM

Previous topic Next topic

303 Mopar

After 7 years @CudaKat is starting the restoration of his second '73 Cuda.  Back in May of 2010 he picked up a '73 Cuda out of Texas.  He was looking for a Rallye Red 4 spd Cuda and found the ad off of Craigslist for $3200 with no engine or transmission.  It's 340 4 spd car with a 3.55 SG, FE5 with white interior and vinyl top.

303 Mopar

Two weeks later, on Amazon (never thought of looking there), he picked up a totaled 2010 SRT Challenger from a drunk driving accident.  Everything was totaled but the 6.1 Hemi and NAG trans were still in great shape with only 3200 miles on it. 

303 Mopar

With the help of @Sleepychallenger we stripped everything off the Cuda, mounted the RMS k-member and test fitted the 6.1.  We also have the seats out of a Hyundai Tiburon.  I got the idea from @Brads70, found them in a junk yard in Colorado Springs to put in my '71 Challenger but sold it.  Then @Moparman82 bought them so they went to Nebraska, but he also sold his car before he put them in.  So @CudaKat bought them and they are now back in Colorado.   :crazytalk: :looney:

303 Mopar

We picked up a rotisserie and pushed it a few doors down to the body shop this week.  The quarters were so bad it was not worth blasting them, they just cut them off.  All of this means a big order with @MoparDave!   :takemymoney:

MoparDave

Gerald is pretty excited about this one. Glad I could help and Parts are ordered.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

Rev-It-Up

I look forward to watching this one come together!  :yes:
Rev-It-Up

nsmall

Keep the pics and story coming.  I like this project.  Very cool.

Sleepychallenger

Thanks Dan for posting this. Im really excited to see this finally happening. Hopefully there is good progress by the next time I come to Colorado...Times a ticken  :fingerscrossed:

scf100

How the heck did u find a late model  Halle get on Amazon?

Who was the seller?.,,, insurance co , Co Parts?

Awesomeness build
1970 Challenger R/T convertible Triple Black

303 Mopar

Quote from: scf100 on July 14, 2017, 10:05:08 AM
How the heck did u find a late model  Halle get on Amazon?

Who was the seller?.,,, insurance co , Co Parts?

Awesomeness build

The seller was www.restoration-us.com.  He was just searching on "Hemi" and the link in Amazon came up, who knew....

mjb765

Very cool project..can't wait to see it all done!!

CudaMoparRay

Awesome! Definitely keeping an eye on this one.

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Cuda Cody

This is going to be a great thread.  Can't wait to follow along and watch this one come to life.  :)

Chryco Psycho

This build will be fun to watch , say hi to Gerald  :banana: