Main Menu

74 Challenger Canadian Restoration

Started by daaboots, November 13, 2019, 05:44:35 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Brads70

Quote from: larry4406 on March 16, 2024, 11:54:21 AMYou should have kept the portion of the floor pan which covered the cross member. Now road crap can get in.
Agreed , also stronger with that section of the floor in. Especially being the torsion bar crossmember.  Not too late to add it back in though! Easy enough to do.

anlauto

This is what the factory 4 speed cutout(s) look like, there was actually two holes:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

dodj

Hmmmm...I left mine open since I did the four speed conversion somewhere around '86. Never thought about it until now..thanks guys...another thing to add to the 'round tuit' list.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

daaboots

Thanks for the heads up everyone! I guess I got a little too carried away cutting out the floor.

New video is up on the channel. I fabricated some subframe connectors!

Brads70

Sure is nice to have a rotisserie, SO much easier! Nice work! Don't forget about the e-brake cable.....it needs to go thru the subframe connectors

dodj

I really dislike the original e-body 'clothesline' e-brake system so I replaced it with one of these.
https://www.estopp.com/info
Mounted on to the side of a sub frame connector and bought two Lokar cables to run to each wheel. Works great.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

larry4406

Quote from: dodj on March 18, 2024, 03:39:31 AMI really dislike the original e-body 'clothesline' e-brake system so I replaced it with one of these.
https://www.estopp.com/info
Mounted on to the side of a sub frame connector and bought two Lokar cables to run to each wheel. Works great.

Where did you mount the button?  Did you remove the E-brake pedal?

dodj

Quote from: larry4406 on March 18, 2024, 04:57:25 AMWhere did you mount the button?  Did you remove the E-brake pedal?

Button replaced the lighter and yes I removed the ebrake pedal and plugged the firewall holes.

daaboots

@dodj I really like the looks of the e-brake system! I think I'll use that system to simplify my build.