Main Menu

A.G.A.R. Celebrating #50

Started by anlauto, July 25, 2020, 05:24:58 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

In 1984/85 I was given my first "muscle car", a 1972 Barracuda, from a neighborhood friend. I quickly jumped into doing a full restoration by  "1980 standards" of course :haha: ...and that's what started my life in the direction it took....I continued restoring Mopars and taking them to shows, wining trophies and magazine articles, etc... at the peak in 1994 I attended 21 car shows in one Summer.
Then I got married  :Thud: :rofl:

In the Spring of 2003 I was asked if I would consider restoring a car for someone else. Building that 1971 Hemi Challenger clone changed my life. I found out that I could get paid to do what I loved, restoring cars.
After years of having a regular job and restoring cars on the side, in the Summer of 2010 I decided to quit my job and restore cars full time.

I'm very proud to say that this week I delivered my 50th restored car....a number I never dreamed of....Who would have thought this little guy working out of a two car garage, with the help of several body shops, metal fab shops and engine builders, etc...could breath new life into so many old rusted heaps.

http://www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com/PAST-RESTORATIONS.htmls...

A FEW FUN FACTS:

OUT OF THE FIFTY CARS....

36 ARE E BODIES
8 ARE B BODIES
6 ARE A BODIES
29 HAVE BIG BLOCKS
21 HAVE SMALL BLOCKS
28 HAVE STANDARD TRANSMISSIONS
22 HAVE AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSIONS
2 ARE FACTORY J/R CODE 426 HEMI CARS
8 ARE FACTORY V CODE 440+6 CARS
4 ARE FACTORY J CODE 340+6 CARS
42 ARE PAINTED THEIR ORIGINAL COLOUR
10 ARE FACTORY N96 CARS
5 ARE FACTORY SUNROOF CARS

I have no idea where the time has gone, but my passion for restoration is still burning strong. I truly can't believe I've restored that many so far, a true personal milestone. I hope I can continue for many more years and many more Mopars  :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Jay Bee

Congratulations on the milestone. That's an awesome achievement in a short period of time.

Shoooter

That's a big achievement for sure.  It's always great when you can make a living doing what you love

blown motor

Congratulations Alan. Being the young man that you are another 50 should be no problem.  :dunno:
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

700 AKN

Congrats!  I've build 30 cars, but I hate it when I get glue on my fingers.  :pullinghair:
Stay healthy, wealthy and wiser or whatever comes first.

750-h2

Alan that is for sure a great accomplishment. Job well done!! :twothumbsup:

Cuda Cody

You have to feel great about that.  Nicely done.

RUNCHARGER

Five cars a year. I actually get sick of working on them atr times.
Sheldon

kdcarman

benlavigne

Lilian

congrats, another 50 for the next 10 years ?  :banana: :banana: