Main Menu

A.G.A.R. FF4 Deja Vu...ALL DONE !

Started by anlauto, November 14, 2021, 02:03:01 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Just picked up this AAR Cuda today for a ground up restoration. Car came from the Windsor ON area....

I say Deja vu because this will be the second FF4 AAR Cuda that I've restored...

Some of you may recall member @SYDWAZ FF4 AAR I did a few years ago. (yes I haven't forgotten about your glass adjustment Doug, it's on my list :sorry:)

It's a real pretty green when new...and this one is pretty interesting to say the least...I'll try and get better pictures tomorrow, that is SNOW in these pictures. :verymad:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

SYDWAZ

Looks like it is in great shape. Hope we get to follow the build. Cheers.

anlauto

I'll go into more detail tomorrow, but it also left the factory with NO vinyl top, so that is how it will be restored. :bigthumb:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

anlauto

So check out this vinyl top ... Factory ? :no:

anlauto

Colum shift Baby...Oh yea :wowzers:

anlauto

Teaser shot for @198D13 although it's NOT an A/C pad...it is a 100% mint original 1970 GREEN Barracuda dash pad...I never thought I would see one in my lifetime  :woohoo:

anlauto

Number's matching block...EVERYTHING else for it was in the trunk... :yes:

198D13

Quote from: anlauto on November 15, 2021, 02:03:56 PM
Teaser shot for @198D13 although it's NOT an A/C pad...it is a 100% mint original 1970 GREEN Barracuda dash pad...I never thought I would see one in my lifetime  :woohoo:

Alan: I also have a perfect mint 1970 single speaker green non A/C pad, for one of my other green on green 1970 Barracuda's.  That roof is the same material that came on 1971 Plymouth Fury Gran Coupes.

anlauto

Quote from: 198D13 on November 15, 2021, 02:08:21 PM
Quote from: anlauto on November 15, 2021, 02:03:56 PM

Alan: I also have a perfect mint 1970 single speaker green non A/C pad, for one of my other green on green 1970 Barracuda's.  That roof is the same material that came on 1971 Plymouth Fury Gran Coupes.

I wish this car was coded for this roof, or that we had proof of a dealership installation or something....it's pretty cool and I think installed at the dealership because the trim is all factory stuff. The car will be restored without a vinyl top  :dunno:

WOW on the green pad...they must be as rare as hens teeth for sure...

198D13

I got it from a guy in Ontario! That roof pattern, paisley, was standard on ALL 1971 Plymouth Fury Gran Coupe cars.

YellowThumper

Quote from: 198D13 on November 15, 2021, 02:33:10 PM
I got it from a guy in Ontario! That roof pattern, paisley, was standard on ALL 1971 Plymouth Fury Gran Coupe cars.

If mine I would keep that roof.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

usraptor

Quote from: YellowThumper on November 22, 2021, 09:08:51 PM
Quote from: 198D13 on November 15, 2021, 02:33:10 PM

If mine I would keep that roof.

I AGREE   :yes: :yes:

Brads70

That roof is pretty unique, I've never seen that before! Kinda cool really!

mccannix

A little off topic but Alan or any other members who desire those paisley tops for your project, you could contact Nigel at National Moparts.
20 years ago I traded him 10 NOS vinyl tops in their factory Mopar shipping tube, same style as seen in the first photo as well as some as seen in the second photo.
He may have sold them all by now to the land yacht crowd

anlauto

Those are cool...Nigel probably made curtains for his home out of them :haha: