Main Menu

A.G.A.R. This just in....THE END !

Started by anlauto, December 05, 2020, 01:26:32 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

OKAY...OKay...okay....I know what you're thinking ....

Back on page one where I laid out the details of the plan, the owner had asked for 2017 Ignition Orange.....so why the black epoxy primer ??? :drunk:

Well about a week or so ago...the owner's wife got wind of the project....and she DID NOT approve of the orange idea and insisted it be painted black...

So the new plan is 2019 PX8 PITCH BLACK 8)  That will make it a quadruple black car....Body/Vinyl top/Interior and stripes.... :drooling:

Neil's Autobody did a great job with the coverage of the epoxy primer... :bigthumb:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

blown motor

You never thought to do the driver's side orange and the passenger's side black?  :D
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Skdmark

Quote from: blown motor on January 18, 2021, 03:36:29 PM
You never thought to do the driver's side orange and the passenger's side black?  :D

or Black with orange stripes  :bigthumb:
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

dodj

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

anlauto

Got the louvers from @69BFan last night...got them mounted up this morning....looking sharp 8)

anlauto

Customer wanted a "kill switch" So I ordered this one from Summit... Plan on putting the battery right behind it, close to the seat braces....

Tried out my "fabrication" skills to....I made my own mounting bracket  :clapping: :haha:

anlauto

As part of the "mock-up" phase, I got the battery where I wanted, cut and made the cables to fit and welded a nice 3/8" ground stud to the frame. Gas tank and fuel lines will be next...

soundcontrol

Are you gonna make a hatch so you can get to the pump from inside the trunk?
Thats what I'm doing.

anlauto

Quote from: soundcontrol on January 21, 2021, 02:43:20 PM
Are you gonna make a hatch so you can get to the pump from inside the trunk?
Thats what I'm doing.

I don't think so.... :thinking: It is a consideration though... :brainiac:

dodj

Why drill a hole through the trunk floor and then pass the wire through to the underside of the car?  You could just bolt it to the trunk floor. You are still electrically grounding to the same piece of structure.  :dunno:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

anlauto

Quote from: dodj on January 21, 2021, 04:25:20 PM
Why drill a hole through the trunk floor and then pass the wire through to the underside of the car?  You could just bolt it to the trunk floor. You are still electrically grounding to the same piece of structure.  :dunno:

You're absolutely correct  :worship:
I just thought the "FRAME" would be better then the flimsy floor panel, but I agree, it likely didn't make a difference. I also want to incorporate a rubber grommet around the hole, which is just added work. I could also be able to use that ground stud for the fuel sender and the fuel pump.  :dunno:

This is my first attempt at re-locating a battery  :drunk:

Swamp Donkey

I'm watching everything you are doing on this build.  Going to be doing almost everything you are doing.  Only at a much slower pace!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

larry4406

With the battery in the trunk where you have placed it will a spare tire still fit?

anlauto

Quote from: larry4406 on January 23, 2021, 05:53:17 AM
With the battery in the trunk where you have placed it will a spare tire still fit?

Already discussed this with the car's owner...He feels he doesn't want or need a spare tire, or a bumper jack  :dunno: Feels these "details" have no place in a resto-mod ...I think there would be room for a collapsible spare mounted in the rearward position...but, that's something you would never use either, so what's the point ?