veryhot_post in A.G.A.R.  This just in....THE END ! in Your Restoration project (ROSEVILLE MOPARTS) Author Topic: A.G.A.R. This just in....THE END !  (Read 51830 times)

Offline anlauto

• Trade Count: (15)
  • E-Body Wizard
  • index in A.G.A.R.  This just in....THE END ! in Your Restoration project (ROSEVILLE MOPARTS)
  • Life is like a box of chocolates....
    • Share Post
    • www_sm in A.G.A.R.  This just in....THE END ! in Your Restoration project (ROSEVILLE MOPARTS)
clip in A.G.A.R.  This just in....THE END ! in Your Restoration project (ROSEVILLE MOPARTS)
A.G.A.R. This just in....THE END !
« on: December 05, 2020, 01:26:32 PM »
Picked up this 1971 Challenger today, I haven't even looked inside of it yet....but it appears pretty solid....

You have to squint along side of me on this one :rubeyes: ....This turd has one heck of a recipe for one heck of a car.... :drooling:

In point form:

2017 Ignition Orange Paint 2019 Pitch Black Paint
Black interior
Black 71 side stipes
Black vinyl roof
Rear Window louvers
Front & Rear Spoilers
Shaker hood w/pins

New 392 Crate Hemi
5speed Tremic transmission
Front & Rear coil over suspension from RMS Altercation
6 & 4 piston Wilwood brakes
17" YearOne Rally Rims Nitto tires

Custom leather seats
Leather Tuff Grip
Dakota Digital Dash
Vintage A/C

I can't wait, and I'll likely be asking all kinds of questions of our Gen III Hemi owners.... :help:

Linkback: https://forum.e-bodies.org/your-restoration-project-roseville-moparts/10/a-g-a-r-this-just-in-the-end/19258/
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 01:16:34 PM by anlauto »
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Offline Brads70

• Trade Count: (0)
  • E-Body Wizard
  • index in A.G.A.R.  This just in....THE END ! in Your Restoration project (ROSEVILLE MOPARTS)
    • Share Post
xx in A.G.A.R.  This just in....THE END ! in Your Restoration project (ROSEVILLE MOPARTS)
Re: A.G.A.R. This just in....
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2020, 01:42:28 PM »
I "see" a 71 T/A clone that never was with a pro-touring touch ........

Offline 70rag383

• Small Block
    • Share Post
xx in A.G.A.R.  This just in....THE END ! in Your Restoration project (ROSEVILLE MOPARTS)
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2020, 01:50:16 PM »
Looks like a great restomod project Alan!

E-Bodies Cuda Challenger Message Forum

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2020, 01:50:16 PM »

Offline anlauto

• E-Body Wizard
    • Share Post
    • www_sm in A.G.A.R.  This just in....THE END ! in Your Restoration project (ROSEVILLE MOPARTS)
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2020, 01:58:36 PM »
I "see" a 71 T/A clone that never was with a pro-touring touch ........

Odd you mention that, that idea was on the table, because at first he wanted an AAR clone, but Barracuda donors are too hard to find...this car was in my backyard

Offline RUNCHARGER

• Trade Count: (8)
  • E-Body Wizard
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2020, 02:53:34 PM »
Cool plan except I would ditch the shaker hood idea. Pretty much need to do a shaker on a Cuda but they're more of PITA than they're worth on a Challenger and the Challenger R/T hood looks pretty good.
Sheldon

Offline YYZ

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Big Block
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2020, 04:58:15 PM »
Cool plan except I would ditch the shaker hood idea. Pretty much need to do a shaker on a Cuda but they're more of PITA than they're worth on a Challenger and the Challenger R/T hood looks pretty good.

:iagree:

Offline Cuda Cody

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (6)
  • E-Body Wizard
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2020, 04:59:32 PM »
This is going to be a super awesome car!  Can't wait to see this one cometo life.   :popcorn:   :woohoo:

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2020, 04:59:32 PM »

Offline Marty

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Big Block
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2020, 05:42:12 PM »

Could you give me a heads up on the Challenger shaker issues?

Offline RUNCHARGER

• Trade Count: (8)
  • E-Body Wizard
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2020, 06:18:15 PM »
For me it's just the expense of everything. I did two within a couple of years and I swore I wouldn't do it again$$$

Offline anlauto

• E-Body Wizard
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2020, 07:24:25 PM »
I agree about the shaker vs rally hood, but EVERYBODY wants a shaker, even though this will basically be the bubble/seal sitting empty on top of the 392  :dunno:

Offline RacerX

• Small Block
    • Share Post
clip in A.G.A.R.  This just in....THE END ! in Your Restoration project (ROSEVILLE MOPARTS)
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2020, 07:39:45 PM »
I agree about the shaker vs rally hood, but EVERYBODY wants a shaker, even though this will basically be the bubble/seal sitting empty on top of the 392  :dunno:

It can be done in a functional and OEM "appearing" way...   you need to ditch the "barrel" style intake though and go with a more conventional dual plane EFI manifold with aftermarket throttle body.

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2020, 07:39:45 PM »

Offline Shoooter

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Six Pack
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2020, 08:44:14 PM »
Really looking forward to this one. What's the transmission going to be?

Offline Marty

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Big Block
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2020, 09:37:03 PM »
For me it's just the expense of everything. I did two within a couple of years and I swore I wouldn't do it again$$$

$$Can't argue with that.$$

Offline anlauto

• E-Body Wizard
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2020, 04:56:44 AM »
Really looking forward to this one. What's the transmission going to be?
Tremic five speed.

Offline js27

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Six Pack
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2020, 05:10:25 AM »
Looking forward to seeing LOTS of pic of the build.
JS27

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2020, 05:10:25 AM »

Tags:

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter Share via whatsapp