Main Menu

A.G.A.R. This just in....THE END !

Started by anlauto, December 05, 2020, 01:26:32 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Got the doors back from Techno-Strip today, other than a couple of dents they are nice rust-free doors :banana:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

soundcontrol

Wow, thats the cleanest doors I ever seen. Dipped? You know what they used?

anlauto

Quote from: soundcontrol on January 12, 2021, 11:24:39 AM
Wow, thats the cleanest doors I ever seen. Dipped? You know what they used?
I'm not sure the chemical they use, but it's well worth the money as far as saving time goes, I've been using them for years.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Jay Bee

Hey Alan, another question. Would you know if their process removes bondo/body filler. My original 1970 Barracuda rear valance is filled with it and I'd like to see if it can be made useable whenever my car gets to that point.

anlauto

Quote from: Jay Bee on January 12, 2021, 12:28:35 PM
Hey Alan, another question. Would you know if their process removes bondo/body filler. My original 1970 Barracuda rear valance is filled with it and I'd like to see if it can be made useable whenever my car gets to that point.

YUP 100% cleans everything right off...you might not like what you find though.... :rofl: bondo can hide a lot !

I found 17 ugly patches just like this one in the pair of fenders the customer swore were in "great" condition... :drunk:

...and this was the good side  :rubeyes:

anlauto

Another excellent bondo hiding story (sorry Doug)

SRT392

Alan,  i like dipping but for the hood would it remove the adhesive they used to attach the skin to the inner frame???

anlauto

Quote from: SRT392 on January 12, 2021, 04:34:04 PM
Alan,  i like dipping but for the hood would it remove the adhesive they used to attach the skin to the inner frame???

Yes it would remove that as well...unfortunate, but you can replace it with carefully placed gobs or seam sealer. :alan2cents:

anlauto

Got the car back from the blasters today....no real surprises.... :)

This is the ONLY way to start a project :twothumbsup:

70rag383

Looks to be in good shape Alan. Usual suspects with the rust in the quarters etc. but the structural components look very nice.  :ohyeah: :ohyeah:

RUNCHARGER

Huge money saver starting with a shell like that.
Sheldon

anlauto

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on January 13, 2021, 04:16:52 PM
Huge money saver starting with a shell like that.
Yea for sure, we're actively looking for a similar condition 70-71 Barracuda to build a resto-mod out of... :takealook:  if you know of anything even out your way...

Swamp Donkey

So.... is that pure bare metal? Or did they give it a quick spray of primer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

anlauto

Quote from: Swamp Donkey on January 13, 2021, 05:26:02 PM
So.... is that pure bare metal? Or did they give it a quick spray of primer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's bare steel....It's at the body shop getting epoxy primed right now.... :bigthumb:

anlauto

Lots of parts media blasted too :)