Main Menu

A.G.A.R. This just in....THE END !

Started by anlauto, December 05, 2020, 01:26:32 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Well week one is behind us....as I've said before, I like to start a project by taking the car apart 100%...no screw/nut/bolt goes unturned...

This car is pretty solid, I think next week I'm going to try my hand at welding...I've watched enough "Bad Chad Customs" now to know how to weld  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

1 Wild R/T

What is with the hole in the trunk floor?

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

usraptor

Looking forward to seeing your progress Alan.    :twothumbsup: So what are you going to be welding on the car or were you just kidding. :huh:   I keep thinking I need to learn, but have pulled the trigger yet.

anlauto

Quote from: usraptor on December 11, 2020, 03:07:44 PM
Looking forward to seeing your progress Alan.    :twothumbsup: So what are you going to be welding on the car or were you just kidding. :huh:   I keep thinking I need to learn, but have pulled the trigger yet.

I was going to weld up all the holes in the firewall...I used to do a lot of welding years ago, but it became much easier to just give the work to my metal guy Keith Sim....in this case, he's already agreed to fix my phuckups  :rofl:

Swamp Donkey

I wish I was building my car at the same pace as you are doing this one.  I'll try and follow your steps as you go.  Just at a mic slower pace! What timeframe do you think you will have it back to your customer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

anlauto

Quote from: Swamp Donkey on December 11, 2020, 05:12:33 PM
I wish I was building my car at the same pace as you are doing this one.  I'll try and follow your steps as you go.  Just at a mic slower pace! What timeframe do you think you will have it back to your customer?

We're aiming for 225 days from now.....We'll see what happens...I don't guarantee that will happen. :fingerscrossed:

Shoooter

Are you welding up all the AC holes? Is he going with aftermarket AC or none? Looks pretty solid

anlauto

Quote from: Shoooter on December 11, 2020, 10:07:52 PM
Are you welding up all the AC holes? Is he going with aftermarket AC or none? Looks pretty solid

YES...that's the plan. :bigthumb: I just snapped a picture and counted 43 holes that I want to fill :o

anlauto

Success !!!!  :banana:
I welded up over 60 holes in the firewall and inner aprons. :bricks: Now after the car goes for media blasting, with a bit of body work the firewall look nice a clean...mind you, I still need to drill holes for all the new parts going on, like AC, hydraulic clutch, 392 wiring, etc...but hey...gotta start somewhere :D

soundcontrol

Nice. A Pro Touring build! I thought you only did original.
Following for sure.
60 holes in 3 days? Damn, you are fast!

Swamp Donkey

Guess I will be doing the same.  Please slow down a bit on this build.  I can't keep up.

1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

anlauto

Quote from: soundcontrol on December 15, 2020, 03:01:56 PM

about ten hours total...a lot of grinding :headbang:

soundcontrol

Quote from: anlauto on December 15, 2020, 03:55:24 PM
Quote from: soundcontrol on December 15, 2020, 03:01:56 PM

about ten hours total...a lot of grinding :headbang:

I guess your'e using a MAG, get a TIG, very little grinding, and softer welds.