Main Menu

A.G.A.R. This just in....THE END !

Started by anlauto, December 05, 2020, 01:26:32 PM

Previous topic Next topic

SRT392

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Swamp Donkey

I'm still watching every step of this build.  It looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

anlauto

Thanks I appreciate that Mr. Donkey,  :drinkingbud:

It should start moving along....I'm scheduled to get the suspension tomorrow from RMS :checkmail:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

anlauto

Yea  Randy, I saw that in your build thread, very cool and is going to give you a super clean engine compartment. It won't help supply vacuum boost to your brakes though  :thinking:

cudaragtop

Doh! It was a late night...  :Thud: manual 4 wheel disc brakes  :cheers: 

- Randy D. 1970 'Cuda 340 4-Speed Convertible
69 Barracuda G3 Hemi/8HP70 Resto-Mod Project Album: https://goo.gl/photos/XjsAsx4LDo7psimU8

70vert

hmm, my 2015 JGC has electric power assist brakes but still has fluid and reservoir (special fluid). It is a cool set up though, eliminate another pully & belt.

anlauto

Lots of "fun parts" arrived today ! :banana: :banana: :banana:

soundcontrol

Are you running coil overs with no reinforcement of the shock towers?  :o

anlauto

@soundcontrol
The coil overs mount to the custom K Frame, NOT the stock shock towers. Only the upper control arms mount in the factory locations.

soundcontrol

Quote from: anlauto on March 01, 2021, 02:26:17 PM
@soundcontrol
The coil overs mount to the custom K Frame, NOT the stock shock towers. Only the upper control arms mount in the factory locations.

Aha, I see that now, good thing!

anlauto

This week was productive... I got my new AMD deck lid and mounted the spoiler I got from @69BFan, thanks again Richard :bigthumb:

...and the RMS suspension came in this week as well....I got the rear completely finished mounted and next week I will start the front...

Swamp Donkey

Is that a RMS 4 link in the rear?  I'm don't plan on going that route myself.   But what do you think of that suspension?  I'm leaning towards buying everything hotchkiss for my rear suspension with a 1" rear leaf spring relocation kit. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

anlauto

In the past I've installed and worked with Control Freak rear suspension.
This RMS set is much better and easier to install. It won't allow wider tires because it uses the factory spring perches to mount the lower link bars.
There is practically unlimited adjustment in this thing, especially for pinion angles etc... and you can raise and lower the shock mounts and even reposition the lower bars for "track" use....

I just like it 'cause it looks cool 8)

anlauto

Unlucky week 13 I guess....

First off...I've been playing with cars for 40 years and until yesterday I've never owned METRIC tools  :headbang: What the heck ? American Muscle with metric bolts....Two trips to CDN Tire to buy a couple of tools, and likely one more tomorrow.. :pullinghair:

Went to swap on the new Holley center sump oil pan, and in the good ol' quality standards of the day....there was no way the new sump would bolt up with the flange clocked way off....Nothing a bunch of heat wouldn't fix...

After swaping the oil pan, I moved on the clutter up the front of the engine with all the accessories, only to finish my day by finding out that the main harness is designed for a passenger side mounted starter motor, not driver's side like I'm using :drunk:  More wire splicing I guess :bricks: