Main Menu

A.G.A.R. This just in....THE END !

Started by anlauto, December 05, 2020, 01:26:32 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Picked up this 1971 Challenger today, I haven't even looked inside of it yet....but it appears pretty solid....

You have to squint along side of me on this one :rubeyes: ....This turd has one heck of a recipe for one heck of a car.... :drooling:

In point form:

2017 Ignition Orange Paint 2019 Pitch Black Paint
Black interior
Black 71 side stipes
Black vinyl roof
Rear Window louvers
Front & Rear Spoilers
Shaker hood w/pins

New 392 Crate Hemi
5speed Tremic transmission
Front & Rear coil over suspension from RMS Altercation
6 & 4 piston Wilwood brakes
17" YearOne Rally Rims Nitto tires

Custom leather seats
Leather Tuff Grip
Dakota Digital Dash
Vintage A/C

I can't wait, and I'll likely be asking all kinds of questions of our Gen III Hemi owners.... :help:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

I "see" a 71 T/A clone that never was with a pro-touring touch ........

70rag383

Looks like a great restomod project Alan!

anlauto

Quote from: Brads70 on December 05, 2020, 01:42:28 PM
I "see" a 71 T/A clone that never was with a pro-touring touch ........

Odd you mention that, that idea was on the table, because at first he wanted an AAR clone, but Barracuda donors are too hard to find...this car was in my backyard
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

RUNCHARGER

Cool plan except I would ditch the shaker hood idea. Pretty much need to do a shaker on a Cuda but they're more of PITA than they're worth on a Challenger and the Challenger R/T hood looks pretty good.
Sheldon

YYZ

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on December 05, 2020, 02:53:34 PM
Cool plan except I would ditch the shaker hood idea. Pretty much need to do a shaker on a Cuda but they're more of PITA than they're worth on a Challenger and the Challenger R/T hood looks pretty good.

:iagree:

Cuda Cody

This is going to be a super awesome car!  Can't wait to see this one cometo life.   :popcorn:   :woohoo:

Marty

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on December 05, 2020, 02:53:34 PM

Could you give me a heads up on the Challenger shaker issues?

RUNCHARGER

For me it's just the expense of everything. I did two within a couple of years and I swore I wouldn't do it again$$$
Sheldon

anlauto

I agree about the shaker vs rally hood, but EVERYBODY wants a shaker, even though this will basically be the bubble/seal sitting empty on top of the 392  :dunno:

RacerX

Quote from: anlauto on December 05, 2020, 07:24:25 PM
I agree about the shaker vs rally hood, but EVERYBODY wants a shaker, even though this will basically be the bubble/seal sitting empty on top of the 392  :dunno:

It can be done in a functional and OEM "appearing" way...   you need to ditch the "barrel" style intake though and go with a more conventional dual plane EFI manifold with aftermarket throttle body.

Shoooter

Really looking forward to this one. What's the transmission going to be?

Marty

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on December 05, 2020, 06:18:15 PM
For me it's just the expense of everything. I did two within a couple of years and I swore I wouldn't do it again$$$

$$Can't argue with that.$$

anlauto

Quote from: Shoooter on December 05, 2020, 08:44:14 PM
Really looking forward to this one. What's the transmission going to be?
Tremic five speed.

js27

Looking forward to seeing LOTS of pic of the build.
JS27