Main Menu

AGAR - EB7 Convertible Good Bye

Started by anlauto, January 06, 2017, 01:14:55 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Jim AAR

Looks AWESOME......  :drooling: :drooling:

Are the faces of the Rear Brake Drums always painted RED?

Does it make a difference if the rims are Rallye <or> Road?

Or what year they are?

If so what color RED do you use?

I don't recall seeing any RED paint on 70 AAR and they are the Original Rear Drums, could have just been worn off though.

anlauto

Typically an open faced wheel car such as Magnums or Rallies would get red drums a steel wheel car wouldn't.
I don't know if it's correct or not, don't care, I think it looks great....I just use Tremclad rust paint - red.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda_mark

Quote from: anlauto on February 07, 2018, 11:55:13 AM
Typically an open faced wheel car such as Magnums or Rallies would get red drums a steel wheel car wouldn't.
I don't know if it's correct or not, don't care, I think it looks great....I just use Tremclad rust paint - red.

I did my drums in red because I plan on running bias plys on steel painted wheels and BFGs on rallyes

Alan - this car is getting a blue stripe as well? That is going to look awesome.

where did you get that trunk mat?

Jim AAR

Quote from: anlauto on February 07, 2018, 11:55:13 AM

Thanks, Alan, I was just curious as I like it as well, it looks great with a little color instead of natural or black.  :yes: :yes:

Do you just spray the face?

anlauto

I just brush it on messy like the factory did....
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

MoparDave

Looking sweet. that blue stripe is going to look great against that B7.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

anlauto

Just realized in the last picture I posted, on top of the driver's side fender is a sample of the stripe colour.... :drooling:

I most likely won't stripe it until it's on all four wheels. :angry:

PatO

That is just an awesome car Alan. Admittedly I am partial to blue cars, but you just don't see that many dark blue cars being restored.  Also thanx for all the great pics!  :twothumbsup: I find them very helpful as I move forward on my car.

RUNCHARGER

Looks good Alan: I have a decades old can of Tremclad red i use for the drums as well.
Sheldon

usraptor

Alan, looking awesome as usual.   :twothumbsup: Where did you get the trunk mat with the Chrysler logos? 

anlauto

It's a REM mat and the stamps came from Sylvain Gaucher Mopar Restoration. sylvainmopar on EBay

Cuda_mark

Quote from: anlauto on February 08, 2018, 07:24:53 AM
It's a REM mat and the stamps came from Sylvain Gaucher Mopar Restoration. sylvainmopar on EBay

Its a nice touch. Thanks for that info Alan.

Desmond

GY3R/T

Quote from: anlauto on February 08, 2018, 07:24:53 AM
:dunno:    No longer a registered user on E-bay.  Have to buy direct from website. :bigthumb:

anlauto