Main Menu

AGAR...TX9 Six Pack ...GOOD BYE....

Started by anlauto, June 16, 2017, 05:16:11 PM

Previous topic Next topic

kdcarman

Yes the owner is super happy, I decided to have Alan tear it down and do the car right.

I could driven as is for quite some time.

But I would have been trying to upgrade a bit of the car at a time and it never would have been done.

Alan convinced me to do the entire car correctly.  And I will know exactly what I have when it is completed.

anlauto

Quote from: kdcarman on June 29, 2017, 04:58:17 PM
Yes the owner is super happy, I decided to have Alan tear it down and do the car right.

But I would have been trying to upgrade a bit of the car at a time and it never would have been done.

Alan convinced me to do the entire car correctly.  And I will know exactly what I have when it is completed.

"I convinced you ? "  :pokeeye: ....more like you begged me to take the job and get it done in nine months :haha:  :haha:

I know you'll be happy with your decision..... :perfect10:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

kdcarman

Quote from: anlauto on June 29, 2017, 05:21:07 PM
Quote from: kdcarman on June 29, 2017, 04:58:17 PM

"I convinced you ? "  :pokeeye: ....more like you begged me to take the job and get it done in nine months :haha:  :haha:

I know you'll be happy with your decision..... :perfect10:

:haha:

RUNCHARGER

It will be better than new when you get it back.
Sheldon

jimynick

Yep, by the time Keith and Max and Alan are done with it, it'll look better than it likely did new.  :bigthumb:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

anlauto

Quote from: jimynick on June 29, 2017, 09:10:41 PM
Yep, by the time Keith and Max and Alan are done with it, it'll look better than it likely did new.  :bigthumb:

Not using Keith and Max on this one. They are just too busy and Ken wants it back as soon as possible.  :slapme5:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

wldgtx

I completely understand how filler and paint can hide a lot, but that is pretty amazing.

Is there a restoration thread on this one?  Alan, do you have a page dedicated to this restoration, I would like to watch progress IF you are documenting it that way.

Thanks,
1968 Hemi GTX, 4 spd, RR1
1970 Challenger RT/SE, FC7 - FC7RTSE
1987 Buick Grand National

anlauto

Quote from: wldgtx on June 30, 2017, 05:00:06 AM
I completely understand how filler and paint can hide a lot, but that is pretty amazing.

Is there a restoration thread on this one?  Alan, do you have a page dedicated to this restoration, I would like to watch progress IF you are documenting it that way.

Thanks,

I'll post pictures in this thread from time to time.....With so many restorations done and so many on the go, I think people are getting tired of all the same type photos being posted.

I try to update my web site weekly as well. You can always follow along there. www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com  :cheers:

ViperMan

So, I'm going to ask the question that perhaps no one else is comfortable asking...   or answering...

How much is this going to cost?

I ask for a few, solid reasons.

For one, I'm curious myself, as this could very well be something I'd have to pay for some day, as I too lack the skills to do it myself.  I'd like to have an idea what I could be getting in to.

Second, I think it's important information for someone to know whether they're buying or selling a car.  If you're buying, well then my first point applies.  If you're SELLING, then you need to have an understanding that, unless you had a similar restoration done at a similar cost, your buyer is likely going to have to have this done, and just because you spent X dollars on your own restoration, it doesn't make their restoration X dollars cheaper, since the first thing you do is remove everything that was done during the last one.

Lastly, a lot of folks have been skewed by shows like Overhaulin' and Fast & Loud where a car is acquired, "restored," and sold all within a 30-60 minute TV show, and they make it look easy.  As a result, folks do NOT expect the price tags they receive when looking to have similar work done themselves.

So I ask because I think that, while it might be considered a "personal" thing, I think it's information that could be really useful to a lot of folks.

anlauto

How much does what cost ? A complete restoration ? or just the rust repair ?

My 100% complete ground up restorations start at about $60K CDN or $45K USD. That includes everything from a rebuilt motor/tranny/suspension/steering/interior etc etc etc
That DOES NOT include any rust repair or replacing or adding hard to find rare parts.

Rust repair can go from $1 to $100000000000.00 depending. This rust repair might get close to $8500-$10K CDN or $6K-$7K USD

ViperMan

Does that (current) rust repair include the repaint?

anlauto

Quote from: ViperMan on June 30, 2017, 06:50:04 AM
Does that (current) rust repair include the repaint?
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: The cost of the paint job is in the original $60K.....

In the case of this black Cuda I expect taking the shell from black paint to bare steel, through rust repair, and back to black paint to cost about $30K -$35K CDN

ViperMan

Quote from: anlauto on June 30, 2017, 07:32:41 AM
In the case of this black Cuda I expect taking the shell from black paint to bare steel, through rust repair, and back to black paint to cost about $30K -$35K CDN

Gotcha - that was the number I was looking for and actually the number I was expecting.  That's about what the small shop I used to work for in North-East'ish PA would charge for a repaint with body repair.  We'd always get that typical, "But the car isn't worth that much!" response...

Cuda Cody

@kdcarman  that is your car?  You might have already told us that, so sorry if I forgot.   :congrats:  you have a sweet car!!!!   :inlove:  And it's in great hands.  There are very few people in the world I would ever let touch my cars, but if I had to pick one guy it would probably be Alan.  It's hard to beat what he can do, what he knows and the end product he returns for the money it costs.   :1place:

anlauto

Yes...it's his car...he comes on here to spy on me :vipermanhiding:  :haha: