Main Menu

AGAR...TX9 Six Pack ...GOOD BYE....

Started by anlauto, June 16, 2017, 05:16:11 PM

Previous topic Next topic

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on January 26, 2018, 06:46:43 PM
Black is a great colour on a Cuda.

Yup.... Great color for a Cuda, never really cared for it on Challengers though...

anlauto

A little more paint happening....
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

GCragtop

RUNCHARGER

That shiny black does look nice! And those quarters won't be primered again over the shiny paint on this one I take it.
Sheldon

HP_Cuda

1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Brads70

303 Mopar

Anyone who has owned one knows black - the color you love to hate.

72 Challenger

Quote from: 303 Mopar on February 12, 2018, 07:33:14 PM
Anyone who has owned one knows black - the color you love to hate.

Never owned a black car so I bought a black car as my daily driver. What a mistake. It looks good the day you drive it off the lot and you spend every weekend trying to keep it that way. Canadian winters with a black car? Have to take out a second mortgage on the house to pay my car wash bills. I assume that it would be a different story for an occasional driver like a cuda though.
Someday I will have a J0b.

blown motor

I'll step up and defend black. Yes it shows every spot and I spend a lot of time wiping it down but when it's clean it looks oh so good!  :inlove: If you're not willing to spend the extra time it takes then it's not the colour for you. I have two of them, no regrets. Actually I have three because my truck is also black but its my daily driver and I don't pamper it, it's going to end up in the scrap yard anyway.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

kdcarman

Quote from: blown motor on February 13, 2018, 06:43:05 AM
I'll step up and defend black. Yes it shows every spot and I spend a lot of time wiping it down but when it's clean it looks oh so good!  :inlove: If you're not willing to spend the extra time it takes then it's not the colour for you. I have two of them, no regrets. Actually I have three because my truck is also black but its my daily driver and I don't pamper it, it's going to end up in the scrap yard anyway.

What do you do to take care of the black?
Will you/do you use the "dust mop"?
I figure I wont be able to take it our without a spray and wipe with Meguiars Detailer?

71-440

I also owned black cars. '70 w-31 was black and '09 Challenger was black metallic. My current 2016 Charger is black.
My '09 Challenger won best paint in a local car show. A bit of work keeping a black car looking good but well worth it.

That 'Cuda is gonna look Bad Ass in black!
Joe

blown motor

Polish and wax in the winter. Then, maybe, once over with black detailer mid to late summer. I sweep it with the California Duster when I take the cover off and maybe when I get to a show. Dirt and bugs are spot treated with a wet microfibre towel and dried with another microfibre towel. Sometimes I give the whole car a microfibre massage just to bring up the shine a bit.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Roadman

Quote from: blown motor on February 13, 2018, 02:13:56 PM
Polish and wax in the winter. Then, maybe, once over with black detailer mid to late summer. I sweep it with the California Duster when I take the cover off and maybe when I get to a show. Dirt and bugs are spot treated with a wet microfibre towel and dried with another microfibre towel. Sometimes I give the whole car a microfibre massage just to bring up the shine a bit.

And it's a STUNNER.   :banana:

Spikedog08

I have had my black cuda for 36 years and I don't think it is that difficult to keep up. Just be careful where you park it.  I have some messy trees in front of the house that drip sap, seeds and the occasional stick.  I use microfiber towels a lot and once in awhile hit it with a California Duster.   Couple years ago, I had it out all season and think I washed it twice all year.   

It is hard to beat a black ebody . . .  :worship:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

anlauto

With the car coming back from paint next week, I thought I better get crackin'

This is how I like to install them....100% assembled, plumbed, wired and ready to go, that way you're not leaning over the fenders too much...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration