Main Menu

And it begins...'71 Challenger Convertible

Started by superdave, January 05, 2018, 08:41:49 PM

Previous topic Next topic

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on January 12, 2018, 07:30:19 PM
GT3 is pretty much the coolest colour offered in 71 IMO. People don't know what the heck it is, is it Green? Is it Yellow? I love it. I'd really like a 71 Road Runner in GY3 with all the graphics,

GT3, GY3 whatever it takes...

RUNCHARGER

LOL: Give me a break, I'm old and I have fat fingers!
Sheldon

GY3R/T

:)   This is going to be a beautiful car when it's done !!  Would love to see your progress updates !! :bigthumb:

Spikedog08

Car is gonna be sweet!  Look forward to watching it come together!   :clapping:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on January 12, 2018, 07:51:25 PM
LOL: Give me a break, I'm old and I have fat fingers!

Just having fun.... Cause I never poke a wrong key... :rofl: :rofl:

superdave

:thinking: Any thoughts on whether the quarter panel seam from the deck lid to rear window is supposed to be visible. This one has been filled in but I was thinking that they are usually visible. I don't believe there was any body work done to it previously but I could be wrong.

AH1S

superdave

:thankyou: Thank you. Guess I'll have to fill mine in :wrenching:, I know it was crunched pretty bad and repainted prior to my purchase. That areaa is looking really rough on my car. :-[

1 Wild R/T

That area was originally filled with lead & honestly lead is the only filler that might survive without cracking.. If the lead isn't done 100% correctly it will crack but I've tried every type of conventional filler including metal filled & the type with fiberglass hair, they all have failed in short order... Lead I've had about an 80% success rate

superdave

:unbelievable: Woww, good info to know. I love this site!  :twothumbsup: 8)
Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on February 01, 2018, 08:42:19 AM
That area was originally filled with lead & honestly lead is the only filler that might survive without cracking.. If the lead isn't done 100% correctly it will crack but I've tried every type of conventional filler including metal filled & the type with fiberglass hair, they all have failed in short order... Lead I've had about an 80% success rate

superdave

:-[ Almost no options on this one maybe the GY3 and the convertible thing 8)  :bradsthumb:. I can't seem to figure out the V78 on the fender tag. Maybe stripe delete? :thinking:

superdave

Maybe that is a "B" and not an "8" and we just hit the MOTHERLOAD of odd color combos: Citron Yella with a black interior/white top and a light blue accent stripe!  :bigmoney: :drunk: :rofl:

6bblgt

the V7? painted "accent" stripe was STANDARD on (non-coupe) '71 Challengers (JH23 & JH27) - many chose to delete them =  V78