Main Menu

Deplorable

Started by HUSTLESTUFF, March 05, 2017, 04:42:05 AM

Previous topic Next topic

HUSTLESTUFF

My original plan was to paint a matte clear but it turned out so nice in gloss I decided to wrap in satin so in a few years I can put an original stripe and organosol. I was going for the look in the pic on page 1. If I painted matte clear there would be a lot more work to return to gloss

anlauto

Sounds like a plan  :ohyeah:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

HUSTLESTUFF

Tail lights in. The license plate came from a parts car I bought

Cuda Cody

Coming along nicely.   :twothumbsup:

Chryco Psycho

usraptor

Haven't checked in on your progress recently.  Wow, love the carbon fiber look.   :twothumbsup:

HUSTLESTUFF

It's been a while since I updated.  I've volunteered as a camp nurse for a wheelchair sports camp for kids since 1990 and it always starts on Father's Day.  It was over 108 every day of camp and I was wiped after the week.  It's at the university dorms and I'm there 24/7.  Took me 3-4 days to recover.  Here's one of the kids skiing.

I've finished the inside A/C install using a bulkhead mounted to the carbon fiber filler instead of the one that comes with the kit.  I still need to order some 45 degree fittings for the heater hoses on engine side.  I took apart the wiper motor for cleaning and painting along with the linkage.  I'll probably wrap the motor in carbon vinyl.  I prepped a bunch of trim and other parts for paint but it's way too hot.  I had to remove my homemade subframe connectors to fit the Dr. Gas mufflers.  I had made them like the Hotchkis style but due to the torque boxes they hung too low for the mufflers.  I'll probably make a side skirt and an opening for the exhaust to make the car look even lower. 

Chryco Psycho

303 Mopar

Quote from: HUSTLESTUFF on July 10, 2017, 10:39:13 PM
I had to remove my homemade subframe connectors to fit the Dr. Gas mufflers.  I had made them like the Hotchkis style but due to the torque boxes they hung too low for the mufflers.  I'll probably make a side skirt and an opening for the exhaust to make the car look even lower.

You are going to love those Boom Tubes! 

HUSTLESTUFF

I've had this 563 hp iron headed 440 for 20 years and it sounds amazing with flowmaster 40's in a b-body.  Can't wait to hear it with them.

usraptor

:twothumbsup: :bradsthumb: :ohyeah: :slapme5: :grouphug:
Quote from: HUSTLESTUFF on July 10, 2017, 10:39:13 PM
It's been a while since I updated.  I've volunteered as a camp nurse for a wheelchair sports camp for kids since 1990 and it always starts on Father's Day.  It was over 108 every day of camp and I was wiped after the week.  It's at the university dorms and I'm there 24/7.  Took me 3-4 days to recover.  Here's one of the kids skiing.

Very cool!  Hats off to you .

HUSTLESTUFF

Well it has been a while.  72 days this summer over 100 degrees.  I must be getting old.  finally this week had days in the 90's and I was ready for some car therapy.  I had put in the converter and bolted the trans back to the engine and to make a bit of space decided to just put it in for now.  I still have to finish the pulleys and headers but want to get the a/c lines figured out as well as the wiring.  Tuesday I fitted the exhaust, I had bought a Pypes x-pipe and tubes a while ago for the Charger that didn't work with the GearVendor, so I bought a piece of pipe and some hangers from the local shop.  Turned out pretty good.  I need to freshen up the welder and my skills.  I will send it out and have it ceramic coated black.  Then I installed most of the front end.  Gotta love the QA at Hotchkis, decal upside down, but I love their products.  Checked the wheel tire fit and looks like they will clear the caliper and fender.  Hope to get back on it next week and maybe get it done by the Fall Good Guys show in Pleasanton, CA.

340challconvert

That is going to be one mean looking Cuda
Nice work.

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

303 Mopar

Quote from: HUSTLESTUFF on September 15, 2017, 01:14:06 AM
Tuesday I fitted the exhaust, I had bought a Pypes x-pipe and tubes a while ago for the Charger that didn't work with the GearVendor, so I bought a piece of pipe and some hangers from the local shop.  Turned out pretty good.  I need to freshen up the welder and my skills.  I will send it out and have it ceramic coated black. 

Exhaust looks really nice, and powder coated will look even better!  If you are going to install subframe connectors, now is the time.

340challconvert

That is going to be one mean looking Cuda
Nice work.

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible