Main Menu

F8 GranCoupe Convertible

Started by GCragtop, February 02, 2018, 10:26:45 PM

Previous topic Next topic

GCragtop

Hi all. Time to start a new build thread, this is my personal ride, purchased it about 6 years ago from Sacramento CA. Originally 318 car F8/F8 with white top. Car was a roller, so I decided to change the whole drivetrain. 383+727+83/4 was an option for GC´s so my choice was pretty easy. Car was extremely solid, we changed driver side quarter panel and trunk extension because of old collision damage. We also repaired trunk floor which is still mostly original. Paint job was done about a year ago and car is going slowly together at the moment. 

scf100

1970 Challenger R/T convertible Triple Black

superdave

Wow, very nice. :twothumbsup: Finland? I think I need to see that one in person some day. 8)

RUNCHARGER

Nice so far! Is it going to look like a stock GC when done? That's the way I like them.
Sheldon

Cuda_mark

Very nice. How hard is it to find parts there?

GCragtop

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on February 03, 2018, 07:56:22 AM
Nice so far! Is it going to look like a stock GC when done? That's the way I like them.
Thanks - yes, it will look like a stock when done.

GCragtop

Quote from: Cuda_mark on February 03, 2018, 08:16:45 AM
Very nice. How hard is it to find parts there?
Thanks - It´s hard for us living far away, basically all stuff comes from U.S and Canada.

GCragtop

Cowl black out. No tape line here.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: GCragtop on February 03, 2018, 08:42:59 AM
Cowl black out. No tape line here.

Not meaning to be to critical but F8 shouldn't receive the blackout treatment....

anlauto

I believe F8 does, and that's a fantastic job ! I just did the B7 car in my shop with the fenders and hood on....not as easy....
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

750-h2

Vey nice car! Love F8. According to engineer drawings F8 and B7 did not receive the blackout treatment.

GCragtop

Yes, it was there originally.

750-h2

Yes I read that sometimes assembly line workers simply forgot or did not know and applied the blackout. As long as you have original pics which you have you are good to go with the blackout. :bigthumb: 

GCragtop

Car has grille black out and pinch weld black out as well. This is early built car, perhaps that´s the reason.

6bblgt

the drawing was created 2/5/69

the note #1 (omitting the requirement for black paint on TX9, EB7, EF8) was added 8/14/69 - it took some time for changes to get implemented on the line & there are employees/cars known to not follow directions/norm

how early is the GC?  can you share the fender tag info?