Main Menu

Latest Project 70 Challenger R/T V Code Hemi Orange

Started by challengersteve, July 04, 2021, 08:47:40 PM

Previous topic Next topic

challengersteve

I just brought in my latest project. It is a 70 Challenger R/T V Code 4 Speed 4:10 Super Track Pack car.
I just bought this car off ebay and it is actually very solid underneath with perfect original torque boxes.
The car is mostly original paint and was stored inside a garage for a LONG time.
I do not have the numbers match engine but do have a correctly dated complete F440 HP engine and hemi 4 speed setup already freshly built and ready.
It was advertised as an "old drag race car" in the ebay listing but the only thing ever done to the body was a driveshaft loop was added and a b body dana was installed with super stock springs and offset hangers.  I will also have to install a new 4 speed hump as the original was cut for a vertigate shifter.
I just got home today after a 2900 mile total round trip and it is still on the trailer.
As soon as I get it cleaned out and up on a lift I will post more pictures. All in all though it is WAY better looking in person than in the ebay listing. All the important places on the body are excellent and it is really solid structurally.
I am looking forward to getting this car checked out more tomorrow

Shoooter

Oh snap that looks nice.  Alot better than what else is out there . Hopefully you got a decent deal.  Can't wait to see more of it

anlauto

Yea that's a great purchase right there Steve ! :bigthumb:
Hopefully it will get the restoration it deserves one day.. :cheers:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration