Main Menu

FC7 RT SE

Started by RusTy/SE, January 16, 2017, 08:34:37 PM

Previous topic Next topic

DeathProofCuda

I hadn't been following this before, but this is a very interesting thread.   :popcorn: 

I always enjoy the threads on 20+ year projects, similar to my own.

I was originally thinking that $3,500 seemed like a lot of money for a car in that condition in 1994, but my memory of what the E-body market was like back then is pretty poor.  I guess things must have been climbing pretty well at that time.

RusTy/SE

I began this thread in January 2017 to explain the ups and downs of my car between circa January 2007 when the resto began until September 2010, when it was unceremoniously removed from the shop and placed in a 10x20 storage unit as a rolling shell with the suspension and drivetrain bolted in place and FC7 purple trimmed out.

But now it's January 2024, and nothing has happened to the R/T SE since 2010 when it was placed there.

I, however, have learned a few lessons. I failed to have a thorough plan, and I didn't sweat the details or the what-ifs.

When work began, a very good friend was the manager with experienced paint and body staff to help. By the second half of 2007 and into 2008 things went from steady progress to mission creep. My friend lost his father - they were very close - which resulted in a series of anxiety attacks that forced him to leave his position at the shop. The owner also began to fast track several of his cars including the 1967 Coronet R/T I had traded to him to start the work on my Challenger and installed his partner and mechanic as the new manager; that 1967 Coronet R/T sits about 85% finished in his garage at this time. The staff didn't care for the new manager and soon left as well. Their replacements were neither experienced, nor familiar with a 1970 Challenger.

So it was decided to have some assemblies and individual items sent off to be restored...
JS29U0B

There are no traffic jams along the extra mile - Roger Staubach

RusTy/SE

January 2008

Door hinges and wiper motor restored by Jules D'addio.

Brake booster by Booster Dewey.
JS29U0B

anlauto

You must have had them done awhile ago, Jules has been gone now for over ten years :andyangel:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Jay Bee

Quote from: RusTy/SE on January 02, 2024, 10:44:19 AMBut now it's January 2023,
I think this is a typo and supposed read "2024".  :waving:
Tough break with that shop too.

RusTy/SE

Quote from: Jay Bee on January 02, 2024, 03:16:38 PM
Quote from: RusTy/SE on January 02, 2024, 10:44:19 AMBut now it's January 2023,
I think this is a typo and supposed read "2024".  :waving:
Tough break with that shop too.

Oops, yes and fixed. :looney:
JS29U0B

RusTy/SE

Quote from: anlauto on January 02, 2024, 02:22:15 PMYou must have had them done awhile ago, Jules has been gone now for over ten years :andyangel:

Yep, that's why I bold dated the post January 2008 :yes:
JS29U0B