Main Menu

Finally Done 70 FC7 Cuda

Started by Lemontwist, June 09, 2018, 05:28:08 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Lemontwist

Well after two major heart attacks, and a heart transplant I finally finished my 440-6pack Cuda.  I purchased the car back in 2013 off of Craig's list in Phila. and it sat for over a year while I was in the hospital waiting for a heart.  I was in the hospital for 8 months but it was well worth it.  My first heart attack was in 2012 on a cruise, and they actually pronounced me dead for almost 15 minutes until they were able to revive me.  The doctor on the ship told me I was the first person to ever get off of the cruise line alive after being pronounced dead.  The Lord was just not done with me yet I guess.  The car is all numbers matching with the trac pack package.
Drew

RUNCHARGER

Great looking car, glad you could build it.
Sheldon

71Cuda

Beautiful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
70 Charger, 71 Cuda

Spikedog08

Looks like a beautiful car!  That would be a proud day when it is finally finished!   :clapping:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

headejm

Super nice looking Cuda! Looks very original.  :cheers:

Chryco Psycho

Congrats on getting the Cuda finished although the word finished is hard to understand
It is awesome that you & the car both survived long enough to enjoy each other finally , are you bringing it to carlisle ??

71-440

Joe

anlauto

Did you do the restoration yourself ? Looks fantastic  :twothumbsup: :worship:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

Beautiful Cuda , nice job! Now go wear some tires off it and get some bugs in the grill!  :burnout:

Cudakiller70

Very nice! :clapping: what a story too. Take care of yourself so you can enjoy it. :stayinlane:

Topcat

Fantastic looking car. Hats off to you.  :bravo:

xx88man

:perfect10:  Beautiful Cuda you have there. Congrats! Enjoy driving that beauty! 
Keep yer foot in it

fc7cuda

really nice looking Cuda, and kudos on maintaining the standard hood.  :bigthumb:

Dakota

Congrats on finishing the car.   Wow, quite a story on your health challenges.   Glad for you and your family that you survived it.   

Lemontwist

Thanks everyone for the complements.  Yes I did the restoration myself and it will be at Carlisle this year.  I'm only about 20 minutes away. The car was originally delivered to a N.J dealer so you can imagine what the car looked like when I got it.  I sent it out to be dipped which really helped when it came back to see what needed replaced.  I was the first guy to call when  it showed up on Craig's list and purchased it the very next day.  The guy I bought if from was a contractor (Chevy Guy) who made a deal with the older gentleman he did work for to take the car in payment for his work.  He didn't know anything about Mopars so he flipped it right away.  The older gentleman had been collecting parts for the car for a number of years, so when I went to go look at it he had a TON of NOS stuff that went with the car.  He was going to put a shaker setup on the car along with rubber bumpers, and other mods that didn't originally come on the car, so I sold off all the extra stuff to pay for finishing the car.  The guy that does my paint work is really good.  He does High end street rods with the flames and artwork so he really knows how to paint.  I've had him do all my cars.  He lives just outside of Maple Grove drag strip in Reading PA.  He has done work for some of the big names in the NHRA.  What I like about him is that he only does one maybe two cars at a time, so when he gives you a date he is on it and done within a week or two of when he said he'd be done.
Drew