Main Menu

I bought a new car...UPDATE PICTURES

Started by anlauto, October 01, 2018, 07:52:28 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

So yesterday I bought another project car, this one I'll likely sell to someone willing to pay me to restore it.....

It's a 1970 Plymouth AAR Cuda....
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Swamp Donkey

Looks like a great starting point. 
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

1 Wild R/T

Tell us more... 4spd? Rally Dash?   Original color? Options? Numbers matching? Broadcast sheet? Both fender tags? Rust?  Speak up man!!!!

Chryco Psycho

Cuda Cody

:iagree:  Yes, we need more details!!!   :veryexcited:   :lookatthat:  Looks like a great project!!!   :banana:

anlauto

Ah you guys....What's with all the questions...it's a cool ride, I'm just goin wash it and drive it man....
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

blown motor

The man is messing with us!  :))
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: anlauto on October 01, 2018, 09:01:58 AM
Ah you guys....What's with all the questions...it's a cool ride, I'm just goin wash it and drive it man....

Some of us would do just that... You my friend never could.... :rofl:

anlauto

Imagine my excitement when I heard of a black AAR just sitting in a barn less then 2 hours away from my house....That's what sparked the "What's a black AAR worth" discussion awhile back....

So after contacting the owner, I was quick to find out, the car was originally FE5 red, black interior....That was November 2017....besides, the guys asking price was pretty insane, or at least I thought so....

Fast forward to last week....I was thinking about my work load and how after finishing a bunch of cars this year I thought I would try my hand at flipping .... my intention was to buy a project car and sell it to someone wanting me to restore it for them...two birds, one cuda ....double dipping, whatever you want to call it...Make a few bucks on the flip, then make a few more restoring it....

anlauto

The Details:
1970 Plymouth AAR Cuda
340+6 Auto
3:55 Sure Grip

The factory installed options:
Black Vinyl Top
Drivers only painted racing mirror
AM radio
Bench Seat

The Good
Probably the most solid car I've ever owned....No major panel replacement required (with that said, might be a different story after stripping it down)
Complete car
Beautiful original BROADCAST SHEET
Number's Matching 727 Transmission
Original distributor, heads, valve train, rad, intake, carbs, air cleaner, spare tire,
Original "trans am" tag
Bench seat car.....unique feature on an AAR

The Bad
So far missing fender tag....HOWEVER....could be in the car somewhere, there's a ton of junk in the trunk/glove box etc...Current owner is a GM guy and really didn't know much about it....with the BCS, I'm not too worried about the tag.
Missing the TA block altogether...
Bench seat car....most people hate them
Hasn't run it ten years
Bench seat and steering column are missing
Aftermarket 15X7's not original 390's

That's all I can think of....I only looked at it yesterday for about 45mins, paid the guy and left...I hope to pick it up tomorrow and have a closer look, or at least empty the junk out of the trunk.

dave73

Looks very nice, I'd be one to wash it and drive it as is. Will make a really nice car, good luck

Cuda Cody

Freaking great car.  And only 2 hours from you!   :banana:   :veryexcited:  Nice find man.  Having the build sheet makes not having the fender tag no big deal.  The sheet is where all the good info is at.   :checkmail:  Bet that really felt good knowing it has a build sheet.

anlauto

I feel the same about the tag....When he said it had a BCS....it sealed the deal for sure !

I know it's early, but does anybody want to take a stab at what it's worth or what I could possibly ask for it in USD ?

RUNCHARGER

"It's your car build it the way you want!" Just think Alan, you could personalize it, you know throw the dash away, install a new Charger dash to match the "Hemi" under the hood, big radials. That sort of thing.
Sheldon

nsmall

Look at the mess in the trunk, just how Alan likes them.  Congratulations  :bradsthumb: