Main Menu

I bought a new car...UPDATE PICTURES

Started by anlauto, October 01, 2018, 07:52:28 AM

Previous topic Next topic

kdcarman

IMO
There is a market for all AAR's regardless of options.  The fact only 2724 we produced means there is limited supply.  Options, documentation, etc. affect market price.

I owned a bench, column AAR, F8 for 13 years.  And Alan is right, the bench/column was quite the conversation starter at car nights. 

Not the ideal options or color.  From my perspective I drove an AAR for 13 years at a discount.  Clearly the car did not have the same value as a TX9, white interior, 4 speed AAR.

After 13 years it took one month to sell the car.  Of course I priced the car accordingly considering the options and color.

There is a market for this car, I hope it does get restored back to its original condition.

YellowThumper

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on October 08, 2018, 07:44:39 AM
I'm of the opinion that a cheap, plastic console has no place in a Road Race car.
But the girl next to you on a bench seat does...
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

A.Gramz

Alan if your going to sell the motor keep me in mind.    Just putting it out there.

Chryco Psycho

What engine is it 318 / 340/360 ? the top end won't be sold if it is original just the short block  :alan2cents:

A.Gramz

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on October 08, 2018, 06:50:07 PM
What engine is it 318 / 340/360 ? the top end won't be sold if it is original just the short block  :alan2cents:

I thought I read 340+6 auto set-up.?  I figured he would keep the six pack set up. Block crank heads is what I'm looking for. 

ledphoot

Congratulations on that acquisition! Sounds like a cool car to me, so few AAR's it should go as close to original as possible, kiss of death or not. :)

There was an AAR I tried to acquire for several years in San Jose, it was either FY4 or BL1, neither color is something I'd prefer, but for that car it would have been repainted to it's original color. I wonder if the owner ever got around to doing anything with that car. Gonna drive by there and have a look for my lunch break :)

Morty426

I would set the value at $20K to $25K as the car is now.

I would go get that beach seat and column you found NOW.

The value is all in completeness.  It's tracking down the parts that is the headache.  Any part added adds value.

Also being column shift does hurt value a little, but I think it's cool.  I have a 70 Superbee Coupe V code that is a column shift.   :bigthumb:

anlauto

Quote from: Morty426 on October 25, 2018, 10:35:55 AM

The value is all in completeness.  It's tracking down the parts that is the headache.  Any part added adds value.

Also being column shift does hurt value a little, but I think it's cool.  I have a 70 Superbee Coupe V code that is a column shift.   :bigthumb:

I paid $25K USD so you're right on target.
I picked up a nice 70 Cuda bench seat today in Ashville NY ...The guy had three to choose from.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Morty426

Quote from: anlauto on October 25, 2018, 12:29:08 PM
Quote from: Morty426 on October 25, 2018, 10:35:55 AM

I paid $25K USD so you're right on target.
I picked up a nice 70 Cuda bench seat today in Ashville NY ...The guy had three to choose from.

Right on!