Main Menu

I finally got out to the garage! KUDO'S to GLEN RAY - WAITING TO FILL!!!!!

Started by BIGSHCLUNK, May 06, 2018, 10:18:54 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Chryco Psycho

Done ???
If it was "done" you would just get into building something else !!

BIGSHCLUNK

BIGSHCLUNK

The UPS man was just here! And he brought some goodies! I have all ready noticed the angles cut for the crimps are way different

blown motor

So your wife will be watching a movie alone tonight?  :haha:
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

BIGSHCLUNK

Actually she will be.... gotta go take care of Johnny Romance... AKA pops. Afraid I wont get much goin saturday either, road trip to Oregon IL I never stops! @blown motor feel free to stop by and get wrenchin'  :woohoo:

BIGSHCLUNK

Hey guys! Ok been raining and cold here last few days. It finally stopped and the sun came out this afternoon. My grass was growing 2 inches a day it seems so had to get cuttin' .... ya woohooo....   :Thud:  But I did take a minute to test the new crimpers! BIG improvment!!  :veryexcited: Take a look, not exactly factory, but close! Thank You @JonH  for the recommendation. Hoping to rock n roll on this by the weekend.

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

BIGSHCLUNK

Made it back to the garage for a little assault om wire #18. There's no way I was going to use that burnt terminal. Warning : if you don't like acrobatics ti chi or yoga you may not enjoy doing this. I sure didn't. I cut the burnt terminal off and soldered on an extension. The extension wire  I kept long so I could hang it from the brake pedal to help ease the pain (literally) of soldering. Then shrink wrapped to keep things tight. Then I cut it and prepped an end for the terminal. In retrospect this may NOT have been a good idea. It's hard to maneuver the crimp tool in confined spaces. I messed up the first crimp...  :pullinghair: that was it... done for today. I'll start fresh on the weekend

BIGSHCLUNK

:wrenching:  I made it back to the garage today! I got a decent (not great) crimp on the #18 terminal. The black #18 wire now has a purple end on
it (sorry purists/numbers guys) this was the color I had in the garage at the time. Praying no mislabeled/crossed wires. Got everything back together, the only thing left to do is test. That's always the scary part! I have  battery on the charger now. So tomorrow will be the official "testing" day. I took a crap ton of pics (way more than what I've posted) feel free to ask for them if your in need of doing this project and are not sure of color codes or something. If your really arthritic like I am TAKE YOUR TIME! It's not a race that's for sure. Better to go slow than to go twice  :yes: 

I also humbly ask that if you noticed something azz backwards please let me know  :notsure:

BIGSHCLUNK

BTW, a really helpful tool is the terminal lock tab reset tool. This is one of those tools you won't use often but a lifesaver doing a terminal replacement job. I have a limited number available to members only for only $4.95 w FREE SHIPPING ! 

:handshake:                                    :haha:  :rofl:   :haha:  :rofl:   :haha:  :rofl:

RUNCHARGER

Yes: I usually use my precision screw drivers for that. Good job by the looks of it.
Sheldon

BIGSHCLUNK

So today was testing day. I throw the battery in I try lights, horn all good. I hit the key........................... pppppphhhhhhhttttttt! . I'm like geeeezzzz I was pretty careful and all WTH. Well, one terminal did not stay seated. I don't remember the number but you can see it in the pic. After a minor lock tab adjustment she fired up and all was good.

BIGSHCLUNK

Chryco Psycho