Main Menu

LedPhoot's '73 Cuda (she’s alive)

Started by ledphoot, May 06, 2018, 12:52:23 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Chryco Psycho

Looks like a really solid car , great for what you have planned .
Cool that it was the car you learned to drive in too .  :twothumbsup:

ledphoot

Thank you :)

Just know when I say "RestoMod" it's gonna be kind of a low key, adult looking restomod. :) The stance, tires, QA1 Suspension / Borgenson box will show something has been done, but I am not going to do radical changes to the body / paint etc. The car will be able to be returned to bone stock some day if someone decides to do it after I am gone. :) I am keeping all the takeoff parts on the shelves in my shop just in case.

Spikedog08

Gonna be a sweet car and I look forward to watching it come together!   :clapping:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

dvs cycles

That looks like F8 green to me? My 1973 Cuda that I ordered back in 1973 could be it's twin. 340 4sp wit 3:54 posi and rally package and wheels. No PS or AC.
Cali plate no. was 118 HSV. real close timing and wish I still had it.

ledphoot

Quote from: dvs cycles on May 07, 2018, 03:48:18 PM
That looks like F8 green to me? My 1973 Cuda that I ordered back in 1973 could be it's twin. 340 4sp wit 3:54 posi and rally package and wheels. No PS or AC.

Its what PPG called F8 Green back in 2000 when my brother painted it, not quite the same as factory F8 but close enough for government work... I need to paint the tail panel back to black at some point... Attention to detail wasn't somebody's strong point when the car was painted. ;) just one of the many things to do to the car at some point, just not high on the priority list.

I think we all had a few of those cars we wish didn't get away. My first car was 1970 Cobra Torino, I had an '83 280ZX turbo that was properly tuned / intercooled with a full eilbach / koni suspension.. I miss both of those cars. At least I have this one.

dvs cycles

Quote from: ledphoot on May 07, 2018, 06:20:02 PM
Quote from: dvs cycles on May 07, 2018, 03:48:18 PM

Its what PPG called F8 Green back in 2000 when my brother painted it, not quite the same as factory F8 but close enough for government work... I need to paint the tail panel back to black at some point... Attention to detail wasn't somebody's strong point when the car was painted. ;) just one of the many things to do to the car at some point, just not high on the priority list.

I think we all had a few of those cars we wish didn't get away. My first car was 1970 Cobra Torino, I had an '83 280ZX turbo that was properly tuned / intercooled with a full eilbach / koni suspension.. I miss both of those cars. At least I have this one.
Looks pretty spot on to me. My first car was a 1971 Pinto and was happy to let it go for the Cuda.
Change in career meant I needed a truck so bye-bye Cuda. If I could go back in time and order one I would choose the same but add PS AC and every cool option they had then and never let it go.
Looking forward to more pictures.

usraptor

Wow!  It's nice to see one that isn't all rusted away!  That's the benefit of a Calif Car.  I'm looking forward to watching your progress and don't forget  :needphotos:

scf100

West Coast cars rock!

Have fun.......
1970 Challenger R/T convertible Triple Black

ledphoot

Pulled the wheels off the challenger and test fitted on the Cuda.. Going to have to get my rear disc brakes ordered.

ledphoot

The Challenger I traded my brother is about to drive out of the shop on it's own power tomorrow...

Got the brakes sorted out

just gotta sort out some pulleys / belts etc and she will be rolling..

Cuda Cody

Big day!!!!  Hope everything goes well.   :fingerscrossed:

RUNCHARGER

Looking good, that colour works.
Sheldon

ledphoot

Drove the Challenger out of the shop for the first time today. It needs a few more tweaks and the seats put back in before it hits the toad. Waiting on Carpet until that can happen.

Got the Cuda on the lift backwards for now, too lazy to turn it around lol.

Goal for today is remove factory front suspension and put QA1 setup in.

nsmall

Quote from: ledphoot on May 18, 2018, 04:07:16 PM
It needs a few more tweaks and the seats put back in before it hits the toad.

Awesome news.  Please watch for toads though.

ledphoot

Got the QA1 stuff mocked up with the borgeson box. Looks pretty straight forward.

Old stuff is ugly as sin ;) forty years of crud.