Main Menu

LedPhoot's '73 Cuda (she’s alive)

Started by ledphoot, May 06, 2018, 12:52:23 AM

Previous topic Next topic

moparcar

Everything is looking great. I like the QA1 items! You have that right about the 40 years of crud vs. new! Hard to believe our cars are 40 plus years.
Keep us posted.

Wes

ledphoot

I spent a lot of time sorting / cleaning the mess of a shop.. Word to the wise, don't let your brother use your shop to store stuff and work on their crap.. :) I spent more time looking for things than I did working. I should have completed these projects 15 years ago when I was younger and the shop was well organized / clean. Talk about years of crud ;)

Once I cracked a beer it was over...

Gotta get the '69 Bug moved from Boulder Creek to Escalon today so no work on the Cuda.

ledphoot

So a good friend of mine has been helping me with the Cuda and Challenger projects. He is a professional mechanic that really knows his crap, his attention to detail keeps me from making dumb (costly) mistakes...

To help compensate him for his time we made a deal for my 1969 Bug.. She was sitting around here not getting driven much so it's his now. I can guarantee when the Cuda is on the road I will not miss the bug one bit.

ledphoot

So the stock suspension is out...

Not sure what to think about my brother painting the firewall the way he did... Kind of like painting the tail panel green instead of black on a 'Cuda... Hopefully as I remove the heater / fan / master cylinder etc the paint on the firewall doesn't turn to junk. I feel like he invited Earl Scheib over for a cold one and they laid down some paint ;) I am being hard on him, it looks better than a Scheib Job, but still..

Progress was made...

Cuda Cody

Chryco Psycho

6 bolts would have removed the booster or slide a bag over it  :Thud:

7212Mopar

When did you have Mopar Engine West build your stroker? I was looking about two years ago or so and found they closed the shop at Fremont. I had to go all the way down to SCal.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

ledphoot

Rich built my engine 12 years ago when he was still operating out of his Morgan Hill shop behind his house. LoL. It's been a minute.

I guess he has backed off of the heavy lifting of engine building and gone full time back in to EFI which is his specialty anyway.. Not sure if he cashed out of his house in Morgan Hill but he had the place in Sonora way back then even and I looks like he has relocated there.

ledphoot

Got a lot of the QA1 suspension installed. Need to cleanup the center link and spindles to wrap that up.

Anybody want a complete stock k-member?

RUNCHARGER

Good K-members are easy to sell these days.
Sheldon

Chryco Psycho

Did you happen to weight both set ups ?

ledphoot

No, I didn't, but I can tell you after installing the QA1 and picking up / moving the old unit all by myself on the same day the QA1 with the Borgeson steering box is noticeably lighter. easily 20lbs, probably closer to 40 lbs lighter.

ledphoot

So I got the steering column out, the original master / booster out and painted up my center link / spindles...

Ordered all the stuff to redo my 8.75" from Dr. Diff, including disc brakes, new radiator, new stainless steel brake lines and 1/2" fuel line. Ordered a new dash pad. Still need to order an ENTIRE interior, door panels, seats, carpet, gauges, etc. etc. etc. but that may have to wait a little bit.. The money pit has gotten DEEP!

:)

moparcar

Everything is looking great! Nice work!
Wes

ledphoot

Thanks!

Booster / Wilwood (Keisler) Clutch Master installed.