Main Menu

LedPhoot's '73 Cuda (she’s alive)

Started by ledphoot, May 06, 2018, 12:52:23 AM

Previous topic Next topic

nsmall

since this is going to be a driver maybe you can hit up some Mopar swap meets and  :ebay:, buy used and restore the interior pieces. 

I was able to get my plastic pieces to turn out very good and saved lots of $$$ vs buying new.  Thankfully carpet and headliners are fairly priced, everything else, well money pit central IMO

ledphoot

Swapped the Milodon road race pan today. Windsge tray studs were interfering, had to remove them, shorten them up a little and everything went right back together after that. There's about a two inch difference between it and the strip pan.

Anybody need a big Milodon pan for their small block?

RUNCHARGER

That will be an easy sell. Two inches is alot to gain.
Sheldon

Chryco Psycho

The Road race pans are a great upgrade lots of capacity without the loss of ground clearance

ledphoot

I really like the design.. Milodon's execution isn't as nice as I'd like though.. The weld quality, the fit / finish of the pan isn't what it used to be. For the money we pay for these parts I kind of expect a little bit more quality in the product, should there really be ripples in the steel of a brand new oil pan or uneven welds?   I won't be looking at it on a regular basis and I am sure it will serve it's purpose very well...Am I being too picky?

RUNCHARGER

No, not really: You would think that someone that welds a lot like that would aspire to make every weld perfect. Not in this day and age though. They probably don't get paid enough to weld nicely though I suppose.
Sheldon

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on June 06, 2018, 07:04:35 PM
No, not really: You would think that someone that welds a lot like that would aspire to make every weld perfect. Not in this day and age though. They probably don't get paid enough to weld nicely though I suppose.

I think this covers it very well...

ledphoot

Finally got all the front suspension done / torqued.. Rear end completely rebuilt and Doctor Diff Stage II brakes on all four corners. Next up is to drop the rear valence, replace the leafsprings / swaybar / Shocks (Hotchkiss / RideTech) install the new fuel tank and subframe connectors. Going to the top fuel drag races in Sonoma next weekend so it'll be two weeks before I lay hands on the car again.

Oh and here's a video of my brother's Challenger pulling out of the shop.. We just started tweaking his MSD Atomic EFI setup.

Cuda Cody

303 Mopar

Suspension and brakes look great!   :banana:

RUNCHARGER

You guys are hitting it. How did the MSD startup go? Is it learning quickly?
Sheldon

ledphoot

It fired right up.. Haven't really driven the car with it yet, struggling with the timing control from the MSD, once that is sorted out we will get her on the road and see how she feels. It was a scorcher yesterday so we didn't have much left on tap by late afternoon.

RUNCHARGER

The Fitech I installed wouldn't operate the timing control either. We sent it back and it still didn't work so we just used the Distributor timing. There is a lot to be gained by using the timing control though.
Sheldon

ledphoot

I went with Holley Sniper and their distributor precisely for the timing control. My brother is stubborn and since he's older than me has to do things differently ;)

ledphoot

I have been making slow progress the last few months.. Got the brake system complete, went with the Wilwood Proportioning Valve, which meant cutting / bending / re-flaring brake lines... New experience. All new fuel send / return lines installed. Having trouble with the Aeromotive Fuel tank, it's a tanks inc. tank with an aeromotive in-tank pump.. It fits OK, but getting the fuel lines to clear the support brace just ahead of the tank has been a challenge. I am getting frustrated with it... Can't find pictures of one of these installed in a Cuda. Once I sort that out, it's rewire the entire car time, I have the headlight relay harness to remove that voltage from he dash and will keep the charging current out of the dash as well.. Then it's motor / transmission time. Woot Woot.. Here is a picture of her with a nice layer of dust, I will wash her next weekend.