Main Menu

Marty's 73 Project

Started by Marty73, September 08, 2020, 10:39:08 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Marty73

I'm more of a lurker, but do pop in with a question now and then. You guys have been great and always there when I got stumped. Which, since this is my first Mopar restoration (grew up on Mustangs and TransAm's

Just wanted to share where I started and where I am. Currently searching for someone in the Charlotte NC/Rock Hill SC area that is willing to align the panels better and throw some color on her
1973 Challenger
2022 Wrangler Sahara
2021 Charger Scat Pack

Marty73

Day I got her
1973 Challenger
2022 Wrangler Sahara
2021 Charger Scat Pack

Marty73

What she looks like now

1973 Challenger
2022 Wrangler Sahara
2021 Charger Scat Pack

Marty73

The whole collage attached - lots more pictures. But it's been 2008 to today. Actively looking for someone to put some paint on her. If anyone knows of someone in the Rock Hill SC/Charlotte NC area.

All the places I've contacted won't paint over someone else's body work. So I'm getting ready to do it myself but would prefer not too

1973 Challenger
2022 Wrangler Sahara
2021 Charger Scat Pack

rdf

Nice work!  It's gonna look awesome when you get it all done and painted!  :banana:
If we never drown we'll never know how well it tastes...so tell me how it tastes and I'll know just how well you drowned.

YellowThumper

Good luck finding someone. Liability is paramount.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Marty73

Finally found someone to paint the car! And as an added bonus I found my fender tag I lost a couple years ago!

:yes: :woohoo:

1973 Challenger
2022 Wrangler Sahara
2021 Charger Scat Pack

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

anlauto

Looks like you come a long way already, fresh paint will really get the ball rolling.. :banana:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Spikedog08

Car is looking great!  Nice work!   :bigthumb:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Skdmark

What color are you going with?
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

Marty73

Something very similar to pearl blue 3

1973 Challenger
2022 Wrangler Sahara
2021 Charger Scat Pack

Marty73

Painter has made a lot of progress - but one big set back

Over the weekend someone got into their shop and stole a bunch of tool and auto parts laying around. Which, sadly, included my header panel (that took me three months to find, cost a buttload, and was in great shape..DAMNIT!). Good new is the thief has been arrested, bad news is no word on the stuff he stole. Both I and the painter are hoping it gets returned. Otherwise he gets to find me a new one. So if anyone sees a header panel for sale on eBay from Charlotte NC - please let me know, it might be my stolen one being sold.

Anyway - here some status pictures

1973 Challenger
2022 Wrangler Sahara
2021 Charger Scat Pack

Marty73

More progress pics
1973 Challenger
2022 Wrangler Sahara
2021 Charger Scat Pack

Swamp Donkey

Looks awesome.  I really like that color. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.