Main Menu

New at A.G.A.R....... Sunroof #4

Started by anlauto, June 19, 2018, 05:13:13 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

So I'm lucky enough to restore four 1970 Challenger R/T factory sunroof cars...The first two and back in Western Canada with their owner....number three, a 440 4spd is here getting painted FF4 green and number four, a 440 auto FJ5 car arrived today from Michigan with a beautiful fresh coat of FJ5 green....ready to re-assemble.

Also included in today's shipment was three freshly built big blocks  :banana: one 383 for a blue convertible and the two above mentioned 440's.

Now these may look sheepish.....but they're built by Dave Dudek of F.A.S.T. fame....so I'm guessing they have a few tricks under all that wool.....  :vipermanhiding:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Spikedog08

That’s awesome Alan!  Looks like you have 3 days of work ahead of you now . . .  :worship:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Brads70

Cuda Cody

GCragtop

RUNCHARGER

Good colours. Run out of sunroof parts yet?
Sheldon

anlauto

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on June 19, 2018, 09:44:18 PM
Good colours. Run out of sunroof parts yet?

Like I said in the past, these cars are basket cases....Here's an example of the power sunroof motor.....Try finding one of these :pullinghair:

I just had Keith Sim make me a headliner slider panel frame too....impossible to find.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

YYZ

That looks like a Bosch motor -- fairly common in Mercedes of the same era and relatively available (and not horribly expensive either).

Have a look at this one:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bosch-Power-Sunroof-Motor-Porsche-356-911-BMW-Mercedes-Sardine-Can-12V/222674463228?rt=nc&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D52474%26meid%3D8286d5fc172f4f2aba3267a6842f0c25%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D3%26mehot%3Dlo%26sd%3D202153652606%26itm%3D222674463228&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

Interestingly, automotive sunroofs from back in the day were usually produced by one of two companies:  Golde or ASC.  Golde was more common in the European cars but certainly used in Cadillacs etc.

The founder of ASC was actually an employee/protege of the founder of Golde, so the sunroofs and mechanisms are quite similar, and many parts are the same too.

Mymcodebee

Love the sunroof cars and great color on that one!!
  If you run into any issues with the roof hardware or parts, my brother has complete 70 challenger sunroof hanging on my garage wall.  I think he has posted it for sale off and on so you may have seen it.   

xx88man

Keep yer foot in it

cuda hunter

That car looks awesome!

How come the different colors on the blocks? 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Timbbuc2

Great looking car Alan, I like the dollies for the engines.
Get in, I'll drive

cuda hunter

Quote from: cuda hunter on June 20, 2018, 07:04:33 AM
That car looks awesome!

Maybe it's just the lighting coming through the door....
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

Quote from: cuda hunter on June 20, 2018, 07:04:33 AM
That car looks awesome!

Yea...I don't know...I see it in the pictures, but not at all when looking at them in the shop  :rubeyes:

anlauto

Quote from: ErikR on June 20, 2018, 07:13:05 AM
What other options on the FJ5 car?

The FF4 sunroof car is radio delete right?

YES...the FF4 car is sans a radio, just like your car.....now.... ;)

You want the list on this FJ5 car....

From the factory....
440 4bbl
727 auto
3:23 Sure Grip (not for long)
FJ5 Sub-lime
Black Vinyl Top
Power Sunroof
Power Windows
Power Steering
Power Brakes
Black Leather Interior
Buckets/console
AM/FM five speaker
Rear Window Defroster
Air Conditioning
Cruise Control
Pedal Dress-up
Six-way seat
Tinted Glass
Flip-top gas cap
Hood Pins
14" Magnums

Added
White Stripe
Hood black-out