Main Menu

New Engine going in!!

Started by Caparco, September 10, 2020, 07:41:02 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Caparco

Lot's of good luck and best wishes to my new engine going in this week! I'm sure lots of things can go wrong. But I'm hoping this will be the end of my trouble.what do you guys think of it!?

Order Summary
Application :1972-Dodge-Challenger   
VIN :Not Entered
Reft VIN : Not Entered
Description :1970-1974 OHV 12v V8; automobile light pickup application; flat lifters; no smog-emissions;
firing order 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2;
4.00 Bore;
3.58 Stroke;
200 hp; 290 lb-ft typical;
IMPORTANT: Correct installation procedures post-installation diagnostic documentation break-in procedure and warranty contract registration required for warranty considerations. Professional installation recommended.,
Make : Dodge,
Model : Challenger,
Year : 1972
Transmission :Auto or Manual
Engine Size :360/5.9
Vin Type :T
Fuel Type :Gasoline
Fuel System :Carbureted   
Part# :MOP-360LB8931
It's Amazing what we can accomplish~

With just a little bit of hard work.

And a whole LOT of complaining!!... lol

Chryco Psycho

Cool
Please read my initial engine start up thread in the reference section twice , this will eliminate as many of the possible pitfalls when firing it up  :twothumbsup:

Caparco

Thanks for the tips and advice Psycho, gave my mechanic your reference post. He did a great job! I was nervous as all hell, break in is such a fragile time for an engine! Got a leaky freeze plug but . could of turned out alot worse. My last engine was Dyno'd. So he did the break in with that I guess. Still have to take care in the first 500 miles and even a little after that.
  It has break-in oil in it now. And I blew it with my last engine not using the oil with Zinc and other additives. Is there a oil with all that in it from the old days I can readily buy? Or do I just put additives into a normal 10/30 , 10/40?
Swear I'm not gonna screw this engine up!
  Ripping out the A/C, smashing it and tossing it. Was another real dumb move I did when I was younger.. Lol
We live and learn. Still got the A/C dash anyway. Mice living in it. But not cool air.. Lol

nsmall

https://forum.e-bodies.org/engine-transmission-and-rear-end/4/engine-oil/4012/

Check out the third post on the first page I think that will take you to a good one.

Caparco

:D
Thanks so much, boy there has been some great chats on this site.

Cuda Cody