Main Menu

My 70 Gran Coupe finally finished!!!

Started by youngcuda, August 09, 2021, 08:37:12 AM

Previous topic Next topic

youngcuda

Thanks Alan on the pie tin issue.  Looks like I will have to order the correct tin.  Super Commando sounds tougher than Magnum anyway, however I won't be going "commando" when I swap them out :stop:

Joegrapes

Looks great. I have the same car except mine was an automatic. When I was looking into the options on the Gran Coupe I found the the biggest motor was the 330 hp 383. The N code said it could be either and I never read anywhere about the manual and auto versions. Now it makes sense. My 383 is not stamped HP so it being an automatic it's a 330 hp. When I rebuilt the 383 I painted it orange because I wanted to be a Cuda clone. I've since seen the light and put the car back to its Gran Coupe trim. I now have a 440 4 speed in it but I painted the motor blue because I thought it looked better against the Tor Red body.

6bblgt

the OP's Gran Coupe & the extra BP23 broadcast sheet he posted were both "In Plant/In Process" on Monday October 20,1969 (A20),
a few days later than their Wednesday 10/15/69 (A15) "SCHEDULED PRODUCTION DATE" (SPD)

https://forum.e-bodies.org/vin-fender-tag-build-sheet-and-date-codes/13/actual-production-date-vs-scheduled-production-date/810/

it was common for seats to be installed in the wrong car as the assembly line worker couldn't see the sheet once the seat back was installed by the trim department

the sheet is from a 383HP 4-speed Gran Coupe with the A36 (3.55:1) axle package, ~1 of 29  :twothumbsup:  wonder if it is still out there

there were NO 330hp manual transmission engines, so any manual transmission Barracudas or Gran Coupes received the 335hp HOLLEY equipped orange 'cuda engines   :banana:

R/T's 4 R/P

Dan, what do the numbers on line 11 indicate?
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT

6bblgt

Quote from: benguin on August 09, 2021, 02:28:15 PM
the VIN sequence number for my two sheets are "/18240" and "1804)6"

@benguin    if you could post or email pics of those sheets, I could probably figure out the "typo"

Dan "dhead68@hotmail.com"

750-h2

benguin

@6bblgt Attaching my two non-mine Gran Coupe Barracuda sheets- the Corp Lease (Exec) one is pretty interesting.  My guess is the ")" is a zero and the "/" is a one.   These do conform to the "all these seats are alike, take one" theory for pulling them for installation.

Let me know if I should post them up in the Technical Shop forum for posterity.
  Ben

6bblgt

Quote from: R/T's 4 R/P on August 09, 2021, 04:01:23 PM
Dan, what do the numbers on line 11 indicate?

the sheet is printed on a '69 sheet so the boxes don't make any sense - using a '70 layout 551     111 =

S15 - rallye suspension
S25 - HD shocks
S31 - front sway bar
S81 - woodgrain steering wheel
W11 - deluxe wheel covers

6bblgt

the VIN sequence number for my two sheets are "/18240" and "1804)6"

BP23G0B1804?6 - "0" (406) makes the most sense but it could also be a "1" (416)
&
BP23G0B182406 - the "/" is actually a "typo" SPACE

if the first car is 180406 it is odd that they are exactly 2,000 assigned VINs apart  :crazytalk:

dodj

@youngcuda
Nice 'cuda!
I expect to see it next year at Mopars in the Park!!
:yes:
Being in Carlton, you aren't too far away...
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

benguin

@6bblgt And to think both of those ended up in an earlier build car- 179063!

LIFO method of stock rotation as the seats got completed? (last in, first out)
  Ben

@youngcuda Thank you for your thread!  Great to see these fish being so well cared for!

6bblgt

Quote from: benguin on August 09, 2021, 05:27:36 PM
Attaching my two non-mine Gran Coupe Barracuda sheets-

WOW!!  :rubeyes:  those are two pretty messed up broadcast sheets   :drunk:  those two cars & probably your car were "In Plant/In Process" on Friday November 7, 1969
somebody had too much for lunch  :drinkingbud:

GCragtop