Main Menu

Off to paint...Finally!

Started by headejm, February 27, 2017, 06:23:47 PM

Previous topic Next topic

headejm

I'll keep you posted but this is a big day around here!

ToxicWolf

Off to paint is always a great day.   :congrats:

Brads70

Cuda Cody

By far the best part of the restoration.  Seeing it go from what it is now to a beautiful shinning new paint is a wonderful feeling.   :popcorn:  :drinkingbud:  Can't wait to see it all done.

anlauto

Lets hope it gets done in a timely fashion and on budget :fingerscrossed:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

headejm

:iagree: It helps when your buddy is the PPG distributor in the area!  :cooldance:

Chryco Psycho

Rev-It-Up

How exciting! Can't wait to see the after pictures!  :popcorn:
Rev-It-Up

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

headejm

Nothing left to take off the engine so I guess it's off to the machine shop.  :veryexcited: Remarkably clean for 47 years old (but only 42k miles). All of the bearings look like they could be reused. Piston skirts still have all of the horizontal lines. Hopefully, I won't have to bore the cylinders.

Cuda Cody

What's the plan for the engine?  Back to stock, mild build or going full force after serious horse power?     :popcorn:

headejm

Basically back to stock with an upgraded Lunati 10230702 camshaft and adding hardened valve seats for unleaded gas. I like returning these wonderful cars as close to original as possible. There is some really good OEM-spec'ed aftermarket parts for these engines by suppliers like Lunati, Mahle/Clevite, Sealed Power, and Fel-Pro. Just takes $.

RUNCHARGER

Good plan, I like Lunati camshafts.
Sheldon

usraptor

Agree with your re the Lunati camshaft.  They make a good product.  My Cuda also went to paint last week.  So far they're test fitting the panels for proper gaps and doing some minor repairs.  Hopefully, it will be in paint by the end of the week or early next week.   Does your car require any body work or is it read for paint?

headejm

Minor bodywork only, like a couple of dings and a little rust under the vinyl top. Big debate going on about best way to strip the paint. Looks like we are going to use some new, exotic 3M sand paper that isn't on the market yet. Sounds interesting.