Main Menu

Our 72 'Cuda project

Started by Mrbill426, September 26, 2017, 07:52:34 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Mrbill426

Not sure what this piece is called, but it was pretty trashed once revealed

Mrbill426

Some cutout "cancer"...  The blue metal was used as a filler under that "roof patch": in the trunk floor   :barf:

Mrbill426

Cuda Cody

Man, you are doing a great job.  Nice work!  Not an easy project, but you look to have it all under control.   :drinkingbud:

Mrbill426

I would like to be able to take credit for the metal work on this car but I cannot.  We were fortunate to find a real talented guy who is primarily a painter, but also pretty darn good with metal   :)

Floor out gives us a better look at the rear panel.  Trunk extensions were removed too 

Mrbill426

New rear frame rails going in.

Shane Kelley

Great job your doing.  That's a hell of a undertaking! :bigthumb:

Mrbill426

Thanks!  I know others have taken on much bigger projects but this is our first and it's been pretty challenging; the deeper we got into it the more "problems" we found.   But, it's exciting to think of how it might turn out in the end  :)

Quote from: Shane Kelley on October 06, 2017, 06:01:14 AM
Great job your doing.  That's a hell of a undertaking! :bigthumb:

RUNCHARGER

After your first project you pretty much expect everything to be bad on subsequent projects. I am always surprised when I find good news on a project now, but that actually makes it easier than being disappointed.
Sheldon

usraptor

Mrbill426

Thanks!  :)
I'll put up some more pictures soon.

Quote from: usraptor on October 08, 2017, 06:52:56 PM
Very nice progress!  :twothumbsup:

Chryco Psycho

This will be awesome when you are done  :bigthumb:

Mrbill426

@73440 here is a picture of the decal on one of the dollies.

Quote from: 73440 on September 28, 2017, 03:43:14 AM
@Mrbill426 , do you like the brand of tire dollies that you're using , I need to get a set and there are a lot of brands to choose from

Thank you @Mrbill426 , I am getting close to buying a set so will check these out.

Mrbill426

Ok a year-plus later carrying on.  Yes it has been worked on but at a snails pace... you know... $$$.

Trunk floor; extensions; and rear cross member replacement.  Sorry for any repeat photos.

:wrenching: